BodyBuilder and Fitness model discussion page

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Anglosaxon, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Sure.

You see people all the time that restrict themselves to overly 'clean' diets such as brown rice and chicken with a bit of broccoli on the side. Now especially when you're dieting down, this is going to see you run in to not only a range of micro deficiencies (you were right with that), but I also see a lot of people become fat deficient, or atleast in the EFAs.

The last point is that it often see's people develop an unhealthy approach to food, extreme orthorexic tendancies for example ("AH ****! I can't eat here, they don't have my 3 foods that work".). These overly restrictive and often physiological detrimental approaches to dieting also see people go on HUGE binges, too.

I also hate the term because there really isn't a definition, as I mentioned before, it's suubjective. Clean food to the keto guy is bacon; that's going to be a 'dirty' food for the lower fat advocate and so on.

This industry is rife with people that love to over-think and over-complicate their approach to dieting:

"I'm not gaining any more weight! At what point should I slam my ANABOLICX300 dextrose and whey shake?"
    "Well, what are your macros?"
    "What's a macro?"

2. cutthroat22

cutthroat22 New Member Full Member

May 31, 2012
    Yea, I've been reading up on it, seems to get great reviews. I'm going to start it properly next week and see how I get on, I think it basically runs in 3, 4 week phases. I feel a bit skeptical as although there's a lot of sets it doesn't have as big a variety of exercises as my current routine and im in the gym a day less but 12 weeks is perfect, was
    planning to cut at the start of jan but I'll extend if I'm getting good results from this.

3. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    I'd really encourage you to try a non-linear periodization style of training mate, I can guarantee you'll thank me in a few months time!

4. ruttmk42

ruttmk42 Member Full Member

May 6, 2012
    tbh i have no probs with the bloke its just he calls me an alt whenever i disagree with him which i find pathetic so now i just spout nonsense bcos i may as well bcos he just calls u an alt if ur opinion is different to his.

i believe its autism or aspergers so maybe its not his fualt....hey maybe 1 day i'll get on with him as well

5. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
  6. Jdsm

Aug 8, 2010
    Something like:

Upper Strength
    Lower Strength
    Rest
    Pull
    Push
    Legs
    Rest

The pull/push/legs would be the more higher volume work and the strength days would be low rep work with some accessory movements.

7. Anglosaxon

Anglosaxon FASTEST HANDS ON ESB Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Appreciate your words Puma, I don't consider myself as knowledgeable as yourself and others when it comes to the science( nutrition etc), I have been fortunate in trying things and seeing my body respond well, so most of my knowledge is through experience, but as I always say, every body reacts differently to things, what works for me, may not for someone else. I also have different goals set to most, but it has become a passion, and I do think it is a good test of your own will, the dieting especially!

Bulking I still haven't quite fine tuned the art of the slow bulk, though as I was on holiday, my best friends were out there, i did eat too many Gelati's and drink a bit too much. I also feel when I diet, it really does come off quickly and I see a difference.

This is my beer of choice btw, still tastes nice, 95 calories, 2.6 grams of carbs
    and I think, no sugar, may be wrong on the last one, I forget, but minimal. Once you get bored, you cna try Devotion protein Vodka.

This content is protected

8. Anglosaxon

Jul 21, 2008
    I love Australia, guys like Lefty think they are buff and handsome, and this is one of their fitness model competitors, 11 yrs my junior.

This one too, 11yrs my junior also

:patsch
    I am arriving 2 days after the Melbourne natural show, which includes that category, a real shame! but I hope to find another one in 2013, a competitor at the gym tells me they are quite frequent.

9. cutthroat22

May 31, 2012
    Those guys don't look that good IMO. If that's the standard there isn't much to worry about.

10. Anglosaxon

Jul 21, 2008
    Lol then you look at the British ones, they could fold their Aussie counterparts like deck chairs.

11. Anglosaxon

Jul 21, 2008
    I agree, I mean yeah they work out, but they look like regular healthy guys, the British guy is really built, you can see he is very dedicated, the other 2 though, just regular guys that hit the gym every so often and eat well.

12. Matt Ldn

Matt Ldn Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Good to have you back lefty a credit to the forum, you going to be posting regularly again or just a drop in?

Fighting again this Saturday my 3rd fight, had the option for a state title fight in december but probably going to leave it due to fitness. looking forward to sat but woefully unprepared because of exams that finished today.

13. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    You boxing in australia matt?
    How would u compare the training and attitude to boxing over there compared to back home?

14. Brand NOOBian

Brand NOOBian Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I eat what some would call a "clean" diet, made up mostly of boiled chicken breast, tuna, turkey, eggs, milk, oatmeal, wheat bread, raw vegetables, nuts and fruit. I also supplement that with whey shakes, a multi-vitamin/mineral tablet, and omega-3 fish oil. I meet my macros and micros (I admit I didn't know what these were until a few months ago). I unintentionally exceed the RDA on certain micros actually. But I enjoy eating these foods, so I don't really feel stressed or restricted eating this way.

That being said, I do tend to go overboard on beer, fast food, fried chicken, and pizza on the rare occasions that I eat/drink them, but I don't think that's because of my regular diet. These are things I went overboard on most of my adult life long before I started dieting/training, so it's more habitual than anything. However, I do try to stay within my maintenance level for the day, or I'll make up for it on other days to balance it out. And that's something I never did before I started dieting/training.

That might not be the best way to approach things, but it works for me.

15. Smudger

Smudger Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2009
    To be fair Anglo it looks like you chose 2 very average models from Aus and a photoshopped Brit. I'm sure the competition will be just as good out there...

After typing that I just realised I fell right into a troll trap :patsch

Anyway I was wobbling like **** earlier doing dumbbell lunges, was so close to falling over at one point. Disregard form, acquire lols.