Bodybuilding workout for boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by younghypnotiq, Jun 18, 2007.

1. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Its all good man.. Just did not like the mom comment and would still like an apology for it. You did look pretty impressive in that video. I will give you that... You seem like a hard worker, dedicated, etc. I love to fight and played serious ball when I was younger. We have **** in common. I will apologise for being a dick last night. I should not have laughed about Norwegian football, just shocked me. That being said I am still bigger and stronger than you, possibly faster as well. :rofl Anyway it is a new day. Squash it?

2. skipdog

Jan 31, 2007
    Its all good man. Just got snappy over bicep curls. :lol: . Then dude brings my ma into it. Hard to brush that off you know? Ya Ingar looked good in his training video. Ya I would still fight him though. He may even win.. I don't give a **** though when it comes to mom. Im over it now. So I will not be trying to own anyone and even will apologise for dissing Norwegian football... :yep

3. Ingar

Ingar The Mean Machine Full Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Hehe, it's all good. No hard feelings at all. ;)

4. skipdog

Jan 31, 2007
    Coolio, Im more experienced in football then boxing.. Lets shoot the **** later on it.. Peace.

5. freesix88

freesix88 Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2007
    you are really an athletic man, Ingar.

6. Nwil

Nwil Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Ingar, did doing those plyometrics like long jumps, depth jumps, etc. have noticeable effects on your boxing game? Was it better than weights or different? Just wondering b/c I do some plyos but mainly squat thrusts, knee tucks, and claps.

7. Lostmykeys

Lostmykeys Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Lol at the random ****er playing volleyball.

8. Ingar

Jan 29, 2006
    Well, it's all part of a whole, eh? It doesn't have the exact same effect as anything in particular, but it is closer to weight training and sprinting than anything. It's mostly for improved neural firing speed and/or anaerobic endurance.
    As far as my boxing goes, my main attributes was always in my speed and power (which is what plyometrics are for), so I guess you could say it helped since I was doing this type of training long before I started boxing.
    Then again, my stamina isn't as good as one should've thought from all the training I do, I burn out quickly. But that's got more to do with my genetics again, as does my main strengths. Lots of fast-twitch (Type IIB) muscle fibers.
    People with these types of genetics react better and faster to this type of training, and slow-twitch (Type I) types react better to endurance training. Rocky Marciano comes to mind as the slow-twitch example, Mike Tyson is whom I would regard as the most "fast-twitch" in the boxing world.

9. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    dont substitute one thing for another, everything has its own purpose.

10. Ingar

Jan 29, 2006
    Exactly. And train according to your own personal needs.

11. Pugsley

Pugsley Fat Bastard Full Member

Sep 2, 2005
    You are right. I couldn't stay in a single discipline for too long when I realised that not only are you fighting the opponent, but you have some twit who's learned to play the system, and eventually you end up fighting *that* too. If you could do what you're really capable of, the guy would be dead. I think every discipline has 'holes', and if you are someone who thinks outside the box, you will feel ever more shafted.

I presume you made this decision based on the last match you had with that annoying Ref? I dont know who the judges are, but sometimes you get some incompetent ****head who doesnt know what he is doing, and he assesses things based on his own bad discretion or some illogical criteria... Whatever. I digress.
    Anyway good luck with your 'career change', you're young and you can go straight back into all the kicking you already learned in JKD, plus now you can also Box. I look forward to seeing how far you will go. Keep us updated.

12. Nwil

Nwil Active Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2006
    I wasn't going to substitute anything.

Ingar, thanks for the response. You basically reassured what I had guessed, about neural firing speed.