Bold Predictions - Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by titanic, Jan 15, 2020.

Let's hear your Boldest Predictions

1. Wilder TKO/KO

58 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. Wilder Decision

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  3. DRAW

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. Fury TKO/KO

28 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. Fury Decision

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. No Contest

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Fight will Go Over 7 rounds

14 vote(s)
    11.8%
  8. Fight will NOT go over 7 rounds

8 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TonnnnUK

TonnnnUK New Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2020
    Have to imagine Wilder doesn't rest on his laurels so much this time and goes looking for that big shot earlier in the fight knowing that Fury may get up one or twice.

He seemed to coast for too much in the last fight, and we know this is a common theme for him, but he generally knows he can rely on that 1 big punch to end a fight and he seems to find it.

He, nor most of the boxing world would have expected Fury to have got up from that shot but he did and saw out the fight. Wilder needs to go for it way earlier this time around.

2. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Fury stops Wilder by beating him up on the inside.

3. Bobby Tony

Bobby Tony Active Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Fury KO Wilder early to mid rounds.

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Will Fury even be able to land a punch on Bootleg D though given how the later has only been hit like ''10 or 15 times'' in his career?

:risas3: at the utter nonsense and BS Delusional D-squad regularly spew. No wonder the success has gone to his head and he believes he's anointed by god when he's got this many bootlicking sycophants blowing smoke up his ass 24/7/365.

He got hit more than 15 times in the first Fury fight for goodness sake, let alone in his entire career of 43 fights against 37 scrubs (3 rematches)

And :risas3::risas3: at that grotesque carnival freak Fred (Barbershop Conversations) comparing D to Floyd

Timestamped

This content is protected

5. KingKanelo

KingKanelo Member banned Full Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Wilder will TKO Fury.

6. KingKanelo

KingKanelo Member banned Full Member

Dec 29, 2019
    Lol - feather fisted Fury will need to open himself up to KO Wilder and we know what will happen - that right hand from Wilder will send Fury asleep.

7. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Fury catches wilder and does a Tom Schwarz job on him

Hattonmad likes this.
  8. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    People are ultimately influenced by Fury needs to be perfect for every second of the 36 minutes whereas Wilder just needs to be perfect for 2-3 seconds.

9. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Fury will dominate and dance around Wilder until the moment when Wilder catches him and sends him into deep sleep...

10. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
  11. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Wilder will weigh in around 223lbs, on fight night he’ll limit his output to jabs and the occasional left hook, right cross counters whenever Fury decides to put a combo together. DW will begin to close the distance and subtlety cutoff the ring on Fury.

Fury will be up at the end of rd 7 5 rounds to 2. He’ll get dropped by a left uppercut while trying to nullify DW’s ring real estate consumption in round 8. Round 9 will start with Fury playing a more aggressive role by overwhelming Wider with peppering shots and big hollowed haymakers. In the middle of the Fury cyclone, just when Wilder starts to look spent DW unleashes Thor’s chocolate hammer and humpy dumpty is rendered motionless on the canvas. Hughie pops in during the post fight and demands an all Gypsy affair in June the winner gets Wilder in September because of a neglected contractual stipulation by Finkel and company failing to specify which Fury can fight Wilder for the third bout.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  12. Lith

Lith Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Honestly this is such a hard one to call, because of the variables everyone already know.

Seeing as the spirit of this thread is "bold predictions", I'm going to go with Fury with a mid round KO.

Something Fury, I, and maybe others realised in the first fight is when Wilder went for the kill after the major drop in the 12th round - Fury actually legitimately rocked Wilder when trying to fight Wilder off him.... the fact that a hurt Fury can hurt a healthy Wilder that late in the fight is a SIGNIFICANT variable to consider. Fury looked almost shocked when Wilder got a bit wobbly, and I am sure that there is no coincidence he has been looking at more aggressive training.

So two things we know from the first fight where a Fury who was still undoing damage from an self-destructive break from boxing:

1) Wilder can drop fury (no surprises)
    2) Fury can box the ears off Wilder
    3) Fury can take Wilders best shots and recover, and continue to fight back meaningfully
    4) Fury can also hurt Wilder

So yeah, Wilder has one punch KO power and we can't rule that out - however it didn't get him the W last time, while Fury can outbox Wilder and also hurt Wilder... potentially if he is fitter/fresher than could be turned into a KO. Fury has two potential methods of victory, while also having the gumption and ability to potentially fend off a Wilder KO even if he gets hurt - while Wilder basically has "just" that big punch which failed to end things the first time.

I definitely view Fury as the favourite in the rematch, and I suspect he will try and stop him as the more chances Wilder gets to land - the worse it is for you.

13. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    I see your rd 3 and raise you a rd 2.
    I think Wilder catches Fury early and keeps him down. I'm afraid Fury is going to try a non Fury approach to fighting and get drowned.

heerko koois likes this.
  14. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    So you predict a shitty fight?

15. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    That's bold enough to me.:borra2:

mirkofilipovic and Special one like this.