Boom's excuse why he lost to Ponce...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Morrissey, Aug 14, 2007.

1. bulakenyo

bulakenyo Am I a boxing fan yet? Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Yeah, lets give him a free pass this one time. He probably did have some pain in his hands, but not out of the usual most fighters in training endure. He probably wanted to lessen a bit his personal embarassment
    and disappointment after that bad loss.

Before the fight, he was a hot prospect, he was undefeated and had a high KO%, he was the pride of his country, his province, his town, his village and his family. In a past interview, he said their family was dirt poor and the whole village, the whole town looked down on them. They were like invisible people to everybody. But when he learned how to fight, and he became famous, he saw how the whole town looked at their family now. Candijay, Bohol was now proud of Rey Bautista, and his family suddenly are important people now.

Now we call him china chinned, overrated, overhyped, shot, ruined, and a whiny punk. And their governor wont pave their roads in his village going to town because he lost in embarrasing fashion.

He was so sad about the loss, there were reports he was contemplating on retirement, at 21! He felt he lost face in front of all his countymen and townmates whom he fought so hard to achieve acceptance.

Lets cut the young man some slack, guys.

Mods, please close this thread please. Thank You.

2. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I don't think acb is dispusting that the butt actually happened. Rather, I think he is saying the butt didnt affect the outcome of the fight. I agree btw.;)

3. PATSYS

PATSYS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    There should absolutely no need for Boom to make excuse.

He got hit with a hard good shot, most would have been koed.

He is still young and he will be back to fight another day.

The loss did not diminish Boom in my eyes.

4. Circa

Circa Skate And Destroy Full Member

Nov 22, 2006
    the kid was really devastated...

hope he bounces back.

5. theunderdog

theunderdog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2006
    leaving your fighter as soon as he gets beaten badly. you hyped him like crazy and you expected a lot from him because you thought he was the next pac. he loses now you want him to retire.

filipino boxers have great heart and fans like you are what's wrong with boxing. the boxers entertain and give it all in the ring, they give you a chance to be proud of your little country in net forums such as esb but after their careers are over or when they get ktfo, you wouldn't even **** on them if you saw them burning. **** you.

6. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    He's been like that ever since he got here. Im glad more filipino posters are starting to post here that arent like that douchebag domngo or johnco. :yep

7. Morrissey

Morrissey Underrated Full Member

Jun 24, 2006
    The kid can come back for sure. He seems to have a good attitude and a decent power in both of his hands. He just have to develop further his boxing skills and defense, considering that he might have really a questionable chin.

I know Chot Reyes would label me as another sprouting "genius" with this but what Boom and his team should do is to give him fights that would give him back his confidence, at the same time, help him to utilize his boxing skills and improve his defense.

Then after 2 fights, give him a quality foe who is not a heavy puncher so he will have more experience with contenders.

8. Circa

Circa Skate And Destroy Full Member

Nov 22, 2006
    boomboom's eyes seems to be watery in that noontime show :D

9. bulakenyo

bulakenyo Am I a boxing fan yet? Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Rey Bautista's still hurting. The Philippines winning all fights except his, and by brutal KO, is kinda like youre 6 young kids who are classmates, and everybody graduates elementary school, with honors, all except you. You go back to grade school next year and everybody goes to high school. Ouch.

I saw on TV, a news crew filming her mother watching the fight at home, and when he called her after the fight, he was saying sorry to his mom and he sounded like he was gonna cry.

He's still a kid. I wish he gets stronger and gets better next fight.

This content is protected
    BOOM-
    This content is protected

10. acb

acb De Camaguey... Gavilan Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I never said he wasnt butted. I said that its an excuse to say that if not for the but, he wins.

11. freddy-wak

freddy-wak M O D E R A T O R Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
    he learns from p4p's best...FLOYD
    ahhaahahaah

not that floyds ever been knocked out, but after every shitty performance he says he fought with a sprained ear, broken wrists, swollen fingers, suffered from juicybutt (due to ellerbe's ass licking), 24332 broken ribs, carpel tunnel from making it rain at the clubs , etc etc..

12. ZabKlitschko

ZabKlitschko Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Floyd has **** for hands.

Boom Boom didn't have time to break his hand. If it happened before the fight he should have pulled out.

He got knocked the **** out.

13. LeonardLeroy

LeonardLeroy Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Just want to say that he made this statement in the same interview before pulling the sprained hand excuse:

"Bautista told UKG anchor Pinky Webb that his defeat was not a result of a mistake on his part--according to Bautista, de Leon was simply able to hit him first.

"Wala. Wala akong, hindi ako nagkamali, ma’am. Iyon talaga ang ano. Iyon talaga ang nangyari sa laban. Naunahan ako, natamaan ako. Iyon. Kung siya lang ang naunahan ko, ganoon din ang magyayari sa kanya. Siya lang ang nakauna sa akin. Ganoon lang naman ang boxing," said Bautista.

(None. There was no, I made no mistake, ma'am. That's just the way it is. That's the way the fight went. He got to me first, I got hit. That's it. If I got to him first, the same thing would happen to him. He just got to me first. That's the way boxing is.)"

His reasoning for the sprained has excuse was that maintaining it prevented him from arriving in tip top shape. It's not as bad as or as blatant as was stated in opening post. Yes, we know that a lack of defense and a questionable chin resulted in a first round KO loss, but let the boy save face. He knows he failed. He wasn't a cocky kid, he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for his loss. Assholes.