Bourke v Lane Round by Round

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jbull, Mar 22, 2024.

1. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Round 5
    Lane - close
    48 - 47 Bourke

Canvas-KO likes this.
  2. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
  3. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    What a performance from Lane

Canvas-KO and Noel857 like this.
  4. Noel857

Mar 24, 2019
    Round 6
    Lane by stoppage, something of a surprise but well deserved

Canvas-KO likes this.
  5. Canvas-KO

Canvas-KO New Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2024
    Wow what a shock! Main event saved a poor undercard. Ashley Lane is on a great run. I guess he’ll fight Andrew Cain next, maybe on April 20?

I’m shocked with that one. I don’t think Bourke would lose. Could this be the end for him?

jbull, BiggieL and Noel857 like this.
  6. davidjay

davidjay Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    That's a great backstory - thirteen years a pro, ten defeats and now British champion. The fight made up for the rest of the card.

Noel857 likes this.
  7. Noel857

Mar 24, 2019
    Really surprised by the lack of interest on here for this fight.Deserved better

Beale likes this.
  8. Canvas-KO

Mar 20, 2024
    I’m guessing because it was on a Friday night with a poor undercard, a week after the Magnificnet Seven and a day before the big Sheffield card, that people weren’t interested. Also Bourke and Lane aren’t prospects expected to go above British Level compared to someone like Sam Noakes.

I’m not really interested in Warren’s next two UK cards’ main events in Sam Noakes vs TBA and Bentley vs Dignum to be honest. I hope he makes Dacres vs Adeleye as that’s a good fight - I can see Moses Itauma fighting the winner at the end of the year.

Noel857 and Beale like this.
  9. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Netherlands 4 Scotland 0 was where the eyes were last night followed by watching a recording of the Boxing.

The best attacker for Netherlands was when John Souttar came on as a sub.

Very pleased for Lane.

10. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Friday night has got nothing to do with it as put the good fights on and people will watch. (Example recently in Saudi where the card was split over two days starting early Friday evening and finishing well into Saturday morning.)

The Sheffield Card is also irrelevant as fights on DAZN UK still firmly out of sight, out of mind to the great British Public with the exception of up to 300 subscribers and falling.

You are spot on about the quality of the card last night and my motivation sunk for the card tonight when I saw Terence Harper v Alexander Ryan appearing tonight.

Will watch the Smith fight as intriguing.

11. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    Great little underdog story and what a performance.

Put it on Bourke and wouldn't be detered.

Beale likes this.
  12. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    Tbh mate allot of people only watch boxing for certain fighters(look at all the threads in the world for example that are basically carbon copies) it's dull.

Majority only watch big events and dismiss smaller events like this or promoted by certain promoters.

I remember me and twenty other people(or it looked it when Spike was fighting lemieux in T-Mobile arena or the legendary roman Gonzalez) ditto in Manchester arena.

It's just how it is unfortunately.

Noel857 and Beale like this.
  13. Webber

Webber New Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2020
    I can’t see Lane being out as soon as April 20 with him getting cut as he did last night.

Hopefully he can get a good pay day or two now out of being British and Commonwealth champion.

Noel857 likes this.
  14. chrisfinch

chrisfinch Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Absolutely shocking undercard, just a bunch of dreadful prospect v overmatched journeyman fights that plagued the low-budget Warren cards on BT for years and I thought were now behind us. Seems not.

But wow, main event absolutely saved it, what a fight and shock!

Canvas-KO and Noel857 like this.
  15. Canvas-KO

Mar 20, 2024
    We have to expect this because Warren is making Magnificent Seven events so his other cards will be low-budget, small-hall shows. Also Turki seems to have stolen Mark Chamberlain and put him on the Saudi shows.

Warren's next two British events are Sam Noakes vs TBA at York Hall on April 20 and Denzel Bentley vs Danny Dignum on May 11 which clashes with a Boxxer show. Hopefully he puts on another Magnificent Seven card in the summer and Dacres vs Adeleye gets made.

Another blow for them and TNT is that Joshua vs Ngannou wasn't broadcasted on TNT. This meant that Mark Chamberlain didn't fight on that platform. I wonder if Chamberlain vs Noakes will get made next - it's a big fight.

Even Hamzah Sheeraz vs Liam Williams was a mismatch which was expected to be honest. And it seems like Yarde vs Buatsi will be on Sky too.

His Excellency is saving boxing but also weakening our shows in Britain.