boxgin in MMA

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by younghypnotiq, Jul 21, 2007.

1. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    has any boxer ever won a fight in one of the major leages? UFC or Pride.

i ave only seen 2 but they both lsot badly.

ufc 1
    and UFC 4 but its ridicoulus the first guy art jimmerson tapped when wasnt in any sort of hold. the second guy had to tap or would have lost his boxing career.
    but have anywon?

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Boxing is unlike all the other combat sports, it is its own major sport so none of them need to go into MMA. This is why you won't find or haven't found major boxers going into MMA.

The first who was happy to do it was Kermit Cintron. A young world champion who challenged a MMA champ. I don't know of any other example outside of that.

3. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Nope, and unfortunately Jeremy Williams is back fighting at Cruiserweight in boxing. He is not a pure boxer though, as he has trained in MMA for years, and is a very experienced Judo artist.

Kermit Cintron would be good if he learned some sub defense, as he has a very good wrestling backround.

4. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    It is a ashame Williams did that. I really wanted to see him in MMA. A bit old and some mileage on him but he hads moves.

5. doefler182

doefler182 Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2006
    there's always Marcus Davis

6. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Icon Sports website still has him listed as fighting (murdering in all likelyhood) Mike Malone at "Fearless" but they also have the date listed for that event as June 30th which is obviously wrong, Sherdog has it listed for september 15th.

It would be a damn shame if Williams didnt beat the hell out Malone, I don't know why he would quit MMA at this point, after investing so much time and having alot of catching up to do if he wants to get his boxing back to where it was.

7. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005

I don't think he trained MMA for years, but he was an experienced judo practioneer prior to boxing.

8. Nuke

Feb 22, 2005

I don't think he trained MMA for years, but he was an experienced judo practioneer prior to boxing.

9. Nuke

Feb 22, 2005

10. Beebs

Feb 21, 2007
    He has been training with Randy Couture for several years, somewhere between 3 and 5.

11. Beebs

Feb 21, 2007
    It now seems that Jeremy Williams is fighting Christopher Hughes on September 15th, not Mike Malone as was originally planned, which sucks, I really wanted to see him knock the **** out of Malone.

12. USMCGixxer6

USMCGixxer6 Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Jimmerson still lasted longer than the UFC Halll OF Famer Ken Shamrock did against Royce, lol