Boxing broadcasting new boys DAZN take the BBC's 'Voice of Boxing' Mike Costello and sign up Maya J

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by coolcat45, Jun 28, 2021.

1. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    But the presenters in the other sports actually like the sport and have a good knowledge about it.

destruction likes this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Why are you assuming Maya Jama and Laura whatever won't like boxing?
    As for knowledge, they are professional presenters, if they are given time and briefed well, they should know enough.

(Otis Deeley .... 2011 world athletics championships Channel Four .... being an obvious example of what happens when presenters aren't briefed or given time ...)

3. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    To be fair , we don't know if they like the sport or the knowledge they have at this point

Anyway, presenters don't bother me as they will do the job fine id imagine

The others do,Bellew and Barker is enough to make me cancel the sub

4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I think watching Mark Bright comment on weightlifting was a highlight of bad ideas for me

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    To be honest, i couldn't care less if a presenter "likes the sport".
    They are there to tell lies anyway. You rarely hear a presenter at the end of the night say "this whole card was awful".

It's weird that Eddie Hearn has even a say in who presents the fights on DAZN. Maybe I missed something here ......

6. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    If Hearn has any involvement he will pick people with a good social media following and who will toe the line mainly.

If you think he's going to pick any decent commentary team, you've got another thing coming.

Costello is great on the radio, except for him though I expect the matchroom line to be toed.

Gatekeeper and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    “Eddie Hearns said…” that part of the new deal is that matchroom have more involvement in the overall production of events and particularly around “controlling the narrative”

Fair play to him for being upfront about it, can’t imagine the #vileBBC ever acknowledging something like that

8. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    ****in 'ell though.
    There I was thinking SKY had gone well over the top with the Matchroom propaganda ....

9. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    New paradigm pal, the zone is the future, join us.

Unforgiven likes this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    His Deal with DAZN gave matchroom control over production. You don't really see deals like that. Usually the network will control the production.

11. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Do they? I don't know if that's always the case but it doesn't matter if they do or not. Whether they are huge fans, or just casual fans what's most important is they can actually do the job.

The presenters aren't there to analyse boxers and all the details of a fight, that's what the pundits are there for.

Smudge_, Wizbit1013 and Trafford like this.
  12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Matchroom are very much following the UFC model to a tee. If the DAZN venture comes off I can see Matchroom being sold for big money and Hearn sailing off into the sunset

13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Maya is simply to look at. Her whole TV career has been. Simple as. She was decent on the radio and played good songs. Since she’s jumped on tele she looks awkward and shows herself up a lot.

She is a worldly, If not a bit trashy if the rumours are to believed. She’s got that beautiful thick body though and that doesn’t bode well going into mid to late 30’s. Anyone who doesn’t like her won’t have to put up with her for too many years. At least on tele.

destruction likes this.
  14. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I'll be honest, I don't even watch TV so I've only ever seen 5 minutes of Maya Jama in my whole life, and that was a clip on youtube where she's singing with Tyson Fury.

She's a good looking young lady though. Half Somali, half Swedish. Both those ethicities tend to produce some real lookers. A good mix.

15. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I'll be honest, I don't even watch TV so I've only ever seen 5 minutes of Maya Jama in my whole life, and that was a clip on youtube where she's singing with Tyson Fury.

She's a good looking young lady though. Half Somali, half Swedish. Both those ethicities tend to produce some real lookers. A good mix.

Potwash likes this.