Boxing in UK - Suspended!!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Wow

nurological likes this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    You gotta respect Hearn. Said on ifl they will still do shows if the ban isn't lifted, will just take them outside the UK.

He is relentless.

3. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Of course the virus is real but I won't get no Vaccine.

I'll take my chances with the very high rate of a perfectly good recovery. For all I know I could have had it already and never felt ill at all.

Turpins chin and tdf1974 like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    100% I think unless you are around people more vulnerable to it then it should be ok. I have asthma and haven't a flu jab since I was a kid despite the fact I get offered it every year and I've been fine. My Mrs has covid antibodies which means I've very likely had it too, neither of us realised but we are quite fit with good diets etc.

velagod likes this.
  5. Dancoyr

Dancoyr Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    It's amazing how many experts there are, it's such a shame these people didn't go and do medicine degrees.

I love reading when people state they have done 'research'. Reading social media or a couple of web pages isn't research.

Anyway, can we get back to boxing.

kojak, nilrem, djfonti and 2 others like this.
  6. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Well it makes sense why Hearn would carry on the show, can't lose the source of income can he!

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    We are in a lockdown - there is no boxing for now.

Nothing wrong with a bit of verbal sparring to keep in shape and relieve the boredom.

8. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Well they not going to go bankrupt not running shows. It's more beneficial to the fighters that his going to still run the shows as its them who need the income.

Jurgen likes this.
  9. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    So....

You are vulnerable and your good lady has had covid.....and you are both fine~??

Would you like an injection of some mad vaccine?......sign me up

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Nah I don't think my asthma is bad enough to class as vulnerable. It's very mild. I could still win the tour de France.

11. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    I'm in Australia and people get excited when we have 50 new cases a day of COVID

Life has been pretty normal except for not being able to travel to other countries

12. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    Back to Boxing, if the boxers and everyone involved are tested and then in isolation from that time to the fight, how can there possibly be any issue ?

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    That is the way it should be mate.

Any Tom, Dec and Ali allowed to enter the UK by air and sea and we even allowed over 8,000 illegal immigrants to enter last year via small boats and returned 3 people who refused to sign up to the Matchroom Fight Pass.

Still a total shambles here and there will be a huge meltdown should another mutated virus arrive here requiring another vacc.

Can see Boris facing a Trump mob type scenario if this continues for more than another 4 months.

14. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    It’s mainly to do with taking medical resources away from the NHS at this time- you need an ambulance and medical personnel at every fight night.

January is a lean month for boxing usually- I hope things get back to some type of normal by April. Crowds won’t be allowed for a long time in any great number.

kojak likes this.
  15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Hearn should start a private medical company and fund his own private medical team for fight nights.

pow likes this.