Boxing News 24 and their anti-Whyte agenda:

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Finkel, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    I've been trying to figure out why there is so much misinformation regarding Whyte challenging for the WBC title on this forum. And I think I found my answer. So here is my question:

Why does Boxing News 24 keep publishing hit pieces by Scott Gilfoid? I notice the comments are always turned off as well. Is this guy a troll or just a hack? It's pretty obvious he has a pro-PBC agenda

He was very complimentary of Whyte UNTIL he started going down the WBC route and trying to get a fight against Wilder. Then he consistently talks down Whyte in every article whilst trying to steer him toward one of the other belts...Woeful "journalism":

You can see the evolution of the Boxing News 24 hit pieces by Scott Gilfoid below:

July 2016: Very complimentary about Whyte, thinks his shoulder held him back against Joshua. Predicts a stoppage over Allen:
    Dillian Whyte vs. Dave Allen tonight in Leeds ⋆ Boxing News 24

October 2017 (not Boxing news 24): This is a far more balanced article, but he starts making excuses for Breazeale potentially avoiding Whyte, sees Whyte as a tricky opponent, and that Breazeale can just avoid Whyte whilst fighting tin cans on his way to a title shot:
    Hearn wants Dillian Whyte vs. Dominic Breazeale - (fightnewsasia.com)

November 2017: Calls Whyte a bottom 15 guy, and not deserving of WBC#1 after his win over Helenius. Wants Hearn to tie Wilder v Joshua unification to any contract involving Whyte v Wilder. His true colours are starting to come out now…
    Dillian Whyte now officially ranked No.1 by WBC ⋆ Boxing News 24

December 2017: Calls Brown “a top heavyweight”, but tells us the Whyte looked bad in his win over Helenius:
    Dillian Whyte complains Lucas Browne pricing himself out ⋆ Boxing News 24

April 2018: Suggests Whyte should go the IBF route (fight Pulev so he can challenge Joshua), and not the WBC route (fight Ortiz so he can challenge Wilder). Leave poor Wilder alone, please…:
    WBC orders Dillian Whyte vs. Luis Ortiz eliminator ⋆ Boxing News 24

April 2018: Gets annoyed that Whyte wants to fight Breazeale in a final eliminator to be mandatory for Wilder, instead of just fighting Ortiz to become second mandatory. Starts picking apart Whyte’s resume…and bigging up Breazeale’s:
    “I hate to say it but Browne didn’t look anything like a 1st tier heavyweight.”

“Dominic Breazeale (19-1, 17 KOs), who has earned his stripes with tough fights against Anthony Joshua, Eric Molina and Izuagbe Ugonoh and Amir Mansour.”​
    Dillian Whyte upset with WBC for ordering him to fight Luis Ortiz in eliminator ⋆ Boxing News 24

October 2018 (not BoxingNews24): Now, he doesn’t want to give credit to Whyte for beating Parker, Browne or Chisora:
    Dereck Chisora expects Dillian Whyte negotiations to be agreed next week - (fightnewsasia.com)
    Oh and he doesn’t want to see the Chisora rematch, NOW he wants Whyte to fight Ortiz:
    Whyte vs. Chisora rematch the goal for manager Haye - (fightnewsasia.com)

January 2019: Now doesn’t want to give credit to Whyte beating Chisora by KO:
    Wladimir Klitschko WON'T be coming out of retirement for Dillian Whyte fight ⋆ Boxing News 24

February 2019: Seems very happy that Wilder v Fury 2 isn’t happening and Breazeale is becoming the mandatory, cancelling Breazeale v Whyte. Now he starts floating the idea that Whyte has been ducking Ortiz all along, and that Whyte should fight either Ortiz or Povetkin:
    Wilder vs. Breazeale & Fury vs. Parker now possible ⋆ Boxing News 24

July 2019 (not BoxingNews24): Now he is playing down Whyte’s win over Rivas, and floating the idea that the referee saved Whyte. He also throws in some disinformation for good measure regarding Whyte and the WBC:
    Boxing Results: Dillian Whyte decisions Oscar Rivas | UltraSports.TV

December 2019: Starts playing down Whyte again, this time before the Wach fight. Again, suggests Whyte shouldn’t go the WBC (Wilder) route but go after Joshua instead. And yet again spins a narrative that Wilder will fight Whyte if he beats Ortiz, and starts undermining Whyte’s resume again:
    Dillian Whyte 271.1 vs. Mariusz Wach 270 - Official weights ⋆ Boxing News 24

February 2020: Now he is defending another PBC fighter, Andy Ruiz Jr. potentially ducking Whyte:
    Whyte fires back at Andy Ruiz Jr. on social media, says he's "ROLLING away from big payday' ⋆ Boxing News 24

You get the picture…
    This author clearly has an agenda, so why do these hit pieces keep getting published?

Willie Maeket and Aydamn like this.
  2. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Dillian Whyte is a gym sweeper

CST80, Rilz, aaaaa and 4 others like this.
  3. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    touché :lol:

Aydamn, sasto and MidniteProwler like this.
  4. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Everyone in MSM these days is against the Whyte man.

JunlongXiFan, iii, ShovelHook and 6 others like this.
  5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Lol...anti-Whyte...

They must be democrats.

Oneirokritis, CST80, chacal and 11 others like this.
  6. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    You could be on to something! The above anti-Whyte propaganda really ramped up after Trump took office in 2017... :scared1

7. cross_trainer

cross_trainer Liston was good, but no "Tire Iron" Jones Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    You might say they've drawn an anti-Whyte line around the heavyweight title.

8. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Fury’s going to pummel him regardless.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  9. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I’m laughing my ass off over how much you’ve researched and argued for something so trivial and inane. A ****ing dissertation on systematic anti-whyteness in journalism.

A+. Happy Thanksgiving, buddy.

Oneirokritis, aaaaa, KO KIDD and 3 others like this.
  10. BiggieL

BiggieL Active Member Full Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Some of it seems a bit harsh but you're obviously not suggesting that Browne did 'look like a 1st tier heavyweight'?
    Maybe Whyte's history with chemicals is held against him?

Finkel likes this.
  11. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    Haha, no I didn't think Browne was a 1st tier heavyweight. But Scott Gilfoid, the guy writing those articles, was calling Browne a top heavyweight and suggesting that Whyte was lowballing him one minute. Then a couple of months later when Whyte beat Browne, he was devaluing the win. Which he pretty much did for every Whyte win. Also, whenever someone rejected a fight against Whyte, according to this author it was because Whyte needed to offer ever increasing amounts of money (Breazeale, Browne, Wilder, Ortiz). But in contrast Whyte should have accepted whatever offers came his way no questions asked.

I don't think it had anything to do with Whyte's history with chemicals either, because the same author was championing Browne, Ortiz, Povetkin and Jerrell Miller as opponents for Whyte. He clearly just didn't want Whyte getting a fight against Breazeale or Wilder, and kept adapting and spinning whatever new narrative best fit that agenda.

Yet, Boxing News 24 kept publishing these laughably biased opinion pieces (hit pieces), with their alternative facts, consistently trashing Whyte and trying to distance the idea of Wilder ever fighting him

Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  12. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    I hate anyone who doesn't want Whyte vs Wilder.

One of the most entertaining pairings at any level, this fight must be made.

13. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Yeah that would be some scrap and a fight I'd be all for.

Left hook v Right hand

sasto likes this.
  14. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    BN24 has truly terrible writers. Actually, calling them writers is a disservice to actual writers. They're just ultra biased haters given free reign to crap all over whatever fighter they dislike.

Chris Williams is probably the most pathetic of the bunch.

15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Did Whyte shag Ivanka and Melania?