Boxing on Sky

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Mar 24, 2018.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I thought tonight was an excellent bill for a Saturday Fight Night. 3 good quality contests and some other big names on bill in tune ups. Really good night of boxing for the hard-core fan I thought. What are peoples opuni99ns ?

Twentyman, N17, Northadox and 4 others like this.
  2. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    good card on paper, good card in reality. thats what happens when you dont fill it to the brim with prospects in 1/100 fights. fair enough, he may have had a bigger budget to spend on the card as it wasn't a world title main event, but Hearns been picking up the quality of his cards as of late and touch wood, it continues

moog and Fhaggis like this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Can someone inform me which fights were competitive fights tonight - just thought I sat through an evening of one side pumpings so I may have missed a fight of the year while having a ****.

lencoreastside likes this.
  4. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    cardle went for it fair play him didn't come off ,the Johnson buglioni fight looked be decent again gd finish .main event wasn't greatest due Browne being so poor but decent performance from whyte but u also had usual 1-100 pointless Blow out fights cox and chisora.Seen a lot worse cards but we all same want more competitive fights rather easy 1-100 shots

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Before the fight my mate text me and was talking about the card and said “is this PPV”. Don’t get me wrong, on paper it was good but weren’t that good. But that’s why I actually started this thread.

6. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    None of the fights lived up to the hype but much better then Franks card lol yarde and dubois fights trash cans and I hate Eddie hearn

Papillon likes this.
  7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    A very entertaining card - credit to Hearn

Scissors likes this.
  8. usmaan567

usmaan567 New Member Full Member

May 20, 2006
    Good card for a free Saturday night of boxing. Dillian impressed me. Still dont think he will win a world title due to the competition out there. Parker and ortiz also beat him.

9. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Just need to get a good commentary team.

Froch knows absolutely **** all about boxing in general.

Sphillips likes this.
  10. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    More rubbish from sky. The ritson massacre of a blatantly unfit Opponent was a farce.

Frank buglioni unfortunately proved the a the inevitable does happen eventually, ie that a guy as hittable as bugs is ALWAYS gonna get ko'd early some time. Last night was that time.

Dillians obese middle aged "opponent" shouldn't be allowed box at all!
    That "fight" was a disgrace. Man could've been seriously hurt last night.

Very poor stuff overall on sky last night. Again.

11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Are you Eh Day in disguise - a free Sat night of boxing????

The subscription to Sky Sports is certainly not free and last night was completely one sided pony FFS

12. usmaan567

usmaan567 New Member Full Member

May 20, 2006
    Well better than paying £20 ppv

13. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    The £20 PPV is for mugs only mate - other ways to watch including in a bar.

14. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    While I'm not proud to pay £20 for Joshua Parker, if I went to a bar, I'd spend more than that and let's be honest watching boxing in a bar is never a great experience particularly during the undercard fights, if they are on at all. Also, it's lovely to be in the comfort of your living room with everything at hand, watching it live and not via some frustrating , inconsistent Internet route. It's great to be home with the family, enjoying the sport that I love . £20, doesn't seem like too bad a deal but obviously it would be great if it was part of the subscription. As always ' the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away '.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Some miserable people on this forum, literally never ever happy... I enjoyed it definitely back to the standard Saturday night fight nights used to be. Suppose some will say youbcant be a proper boxing fan if you enjoyed last nights

Scissors likes this.