Boxing Rules you want to see changed...!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by moparfan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. moparfan

moparfan ESB's glass jawed fraud Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Unified rules needs to bring back the Standing 8 Count:

It would help the judges score more rounds 10-8, instead of the standard 10-9 that most score.

Imagine a fighter pummeling his opponent enough to warrant the referee stepping in and issuing a standing 8 count. It could save the boxer from suffering a knockout loss, and on the flip side, it may be the deciding aspect in a close fight (10-9 round becomes 10-8)...!!!

khaosai galaxi, drenlou and latineg like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    If the corner stops the fight while in the corner from a headbutt, it still goes to the cards.

khaosai galaxi, layco1996 and KiwiMan like this.
  3. moparfan

Jul 13, 2012
    Any accidental headbutt that causes a unstoppable or uncontrollable cut should go to the scorecards...!!!

Robney, KiwiMan and CST80 like this.
  4. moparfan

Jul 13, 2012
    Age consent for rounds needs to be abolished:

Several (USA) state commissions have regulations that state a boxer must be of certain age to fight a certain amount of rounds. I understand not wanting to throw an up-and-coming seasoned amateur or a boxer just starting out in a 8 or 10 round fight because they are trying to get acclimated to the pro games...but a 18 or 19 year old that has a few fights in the pro ranks and is ready to move from 4 or 6 rounders to more rounds should be allotted the opportunity to do so...!!!

***Some commission does allow the boxer to sign waivers to fight more scheduled rounds, but it is far and few between...!!!

latineg and CST80 like this.
  5. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Referee's penalising fighters who avoid action i.e penalising Erislandy Lara and welterweight Mayweather esque strategies.

6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Instant replays for headbutts and KDs need to be incorporated in between rounds.

Robney, drenlou, KiwiMan and 5 others like this.
  7. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    This is the easiest and biggest change they could make. Why wouldn't they use instant replay? So often KDs are not legit.

pincai and IsaL like this.
  8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    start penalizing holding. 2 warnings then a points deduction, 2 more warnings then a dq. if youre hurt enough to hold, then just take a knee... otherwise, youre just stinking up the joint.

9. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    After a knockdown, a fighter should be allowed to stand over the other fighter and hit him as he's getting up.

OvidsExile likes this.
  10. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    1. Official scorecards need to be released after every round. Boxers will be able to plan and act according to what's happening, which I think will be more exciting. Also having it be a big surprise at the end creates this huge wave of disappointment if it doesn't go the way people are expecting. If the scorecards were released every round, people would ease into it.
    2. I would like more 8-10 rounds as well. Something like: 9-10 = fairly close, 8-10 = dominant winner. It's ridiculous when one fighter can dominant an entire round, start to finish, and it means the same thing as one guy just edging it by a hair.
    3. I'd like to do something about excessive clinching, but I can't really come up with any good hard and fast rules.
    4. I'd eliminate all but one of the belts. I'd agree there are some benefits to having multiple benefits, but the costs far outweigh those benefits. Too often it means the best each get their own belt and refuse to fight each other. One belt would force the best to fight the best. At least more often anyway. I'd probably say this is one the biggest factors crippling boxing. I can't imagine how the belts could be eliminated though.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    pow and JoffJoff like this.
  11. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Boxers clinching as a way of neutralising the other boxers offense should be inforced more strictly.

12. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009
    If in a Ray Mercer, Tommy Morrison type of situation the red should be able to jump on Ray's back to stop him rather than have to get in front of him.

13. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Instant replays are way past due! Also, neutral judges should be required, unlike all Ward fights, also includes the referee.................bring back 15 round world championship fights and a fighter should earn his ranking, unlike Wilder who has never fought a ranked opponent and I mean a real ranked opponent, not one ranked by the damned criminal boxing orgs! Wilder had has five voluntary title defenses in a row, fighters should fight their way up the rankings..........

14. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    And it could also prolong a beating that leads to a death in the ring. Standing 8 counts are for idiots that can't judge a fight. Judges are completely within their rights to score a 10 - 8 round without a knockdown. It's only current boxing culture that frown upon this type of scoring.

15. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    One thing that bugs me a little is majority draw. So you have 3 judges scoring the bout. 114-114 twice and the other scores 115-113 to fighter A.
    My logic tells me the win should be awarded to fighter A instead of a draw.