Boxing Rules you want to see changed...!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by moparfan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2015
    I would like eliminate all rounds and judges, Just let them fight until one either get's knocked out, quits or the corner throw's in the towel or ref/doctor stops it, maybe have a knock down limit. BTW im only semi srs :D

OvidsExile and drenlou like this.
  2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    I think we need the 3 KD rule to come back.

moparfan and Bustajay like this.
  3. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Also change the amount of time a fighter can take from a foul as no one ever uses the damn time anyway.....I'm just saying

4. icarus1

icarus1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    how about incorporating additional referee/s just watching outside the ring for better appreciation of a fight? there are just witty fighters, blindsided angles, and too biased decisions.

5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    What boxing needs is an International Boxing Commission with one set of rules & ONE world champion per weight class. Keepthe alphabet titles if you want but name them the WBC or WBA title NOT WORLD TITLES, Do away with the State Commissions entirely. As it is today NO ONE polices the state commissions they can do exactly what they want when they want. There have been quite a few " Rules enforced for one fighter, but rules blatantly brokento suit his opponent
    Corruption is rife in the sport wrse than its ever been in my opinion. Its ruining the sport I love

escudo likes this.
  6. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Clinching should be more stringently punished.

heerko koois and OvidsExile like this.
  7. Henke67

Henke67 One of the 45% Full Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yeah. I think the rules are fine - they just aren't all applied as well as they should be.

The think that irritates most of us (I'd imagine) is poor scoring. How you fix that, I'm not sure.

8. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
  9. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    I think the clinch isn't going anywhere and there are different types of clinchers. Wlad is the classic smothering clincher who only does it to shut down his opponents offense. That should be penalized.But if you are using the clinch to open up punching angles than I think that is a legitimite tactic and Professional refs should be able to tell the difference if I can.

Holding and hitting should be legal. Pulling an opponent's head down into an uppercut is far and away the best way to go about landing that punch and it's totally illegal, which is nonsense.

Backfisting should be legal as well.

Hitting from behind, so long as it's not to the back of the head should be legal as well. Many fighters with great footwork would score far more stoppages if they could actually take advantage of their superior positioning.

An international commission with one belt per weight class.

10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Video evidence to be used during the fight, if a fighter commits a serious illegal offence like head butt or a rabbit punch.

The judges of a fight to be made up of 3 at the fight, with another 2 watching on television. There are therefore 5 cards to ensure that a fairer decision is reached.

pincai likes this.
  11. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    ~ smaller gloves
    ~ sudden death overtime if theres a draw. (A 13th round)
    ~ judges have to give in ring, public post fight interviews
    ~ judges are held accountable for bad decisions
    ~ would make it only three titleholders per division. None of this regular, super, ect crap. (Im oddly ok with a few title holders though. I like unification fights)

12. TKO6

TKO6 Boxcar for life Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    15 round world title fights.
    Belt holders forced to fight each other
    Between round instant replays for KD's and unintrntional headbuts with scoring adjusted accordingly
    Same day weigh ins or at the least rehydration enforced and a second weigh in on fight night to make sure its adhered to.
    Judges and Ref to be appointed by the commission and not part of negotiations for the fighters, fighters have to much say in gloves, ring, ref ect this is wrong imo and gives one side to much of an advantage .. they should negotiate split everything else should be standard or decided by the commission

13. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Prize money. Argue over percentqges to 50% and the other 50% goes to the winner. Its prize fighting and too many fights are not getting made over disagreements about money. Earn the money by winning the fight. Example, Canelo the A side gets 35% of takings, GGG the Bside gets 15% and the other 50 goes to the winner.

14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Please no don't let that happen in England! The fight would be a constant 8 count!

15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Whilst is does need clamping down you would see fighters forcing their opponent to hold alot especially in tight fights it would feel like scoring a goal.