Boxing stance & step jab - short vid

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by JackElliott, Apr 8, 2018.

1. JackElliott

JackElliott New Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    About a week back I posted a video of myself shadow boxing and got some very useful feedback on how to improve - stance too wide, weight too far forward from back foot, front foot in cement (enjoyed that one :) ), and general balance.

I'm trying to work on correcting my stance and foot placement, to build from the ground up so I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone who's interested. (Haven't got a good boxing gym to go to, working on it...)

Does this look right?

This content is protected

Thanks!

2. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Stepping with the jab is more of a push off the rear foot.... I would suggest moving forward with a 1-2; left foot moves with left hand, right foot with right hand. That keeps your feet under your body. Stepping with the left foot only will ultimately ruined your balance and keep you from getting weight turned through your punches.

Generally you don't want to shift weight onto your front foot when you jab. You won't be able to jab and move if you do and you will have to shift your weight back, then again onto the left foot to throw a proper right hand.

3. JackElliott

JackElliott New Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Thanks Grey, I will work on the 1-2 as well.

4. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Push of the back foot. Puts a little power in the jab.

joe brown likes this.