Boxing workout?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by iloveboxingnibba, May 22, 2018.

1. iloveboxingnibba

iloveboxingnibba New Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2018
    I currently do 100 jabs and hooks (both left and right) and crosses and one 3 minute random punches on heavy bag for 5 days a week ie Monday to Friday yet I was wondering should I do the 100 jabs,hooks and crosses on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and on Thursday and Tuesday do ten 3 minute rounds on heavy bag with random punches, so my question is do I continue my first workout or do the alternative I had suggested? BTW my main area to improve is cardio and strength

SnatchBox likes this.
  2. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Make sure you have a coach over you watching you, you might miss details a coach can correct!

I say don't focus so much on counting work on technique and pacing through a certain amount of rounds.

Get some Weighted shadowboxing in for Six to Eight Rounds. Two to Five pound weights in each hand. This will increase speed and punching power don't lose form or technique.

Roadwork Three miles regularly (or around a 20 minute run) when you want to up the pace go on a Five mile (or 30-35 minute run). Every now and again go on a ten mile run. Runs should be done on grass/absorbent ground. Also get some swims in at a local pool (swimming is the best cardio)
    I've boxed over a dozen years

3. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Don't punch while holding weights, it won't improve hand speed or power at all, it'll only increase the risk of injury and **** up your punch mechanic.

greynotsoold likes this.
  4. iloveboxingnibba

iloveboxingnibba New Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Ok thank you,but is what i do effective or is my alternative more effective?

SnatchBox likes this.
  5. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    but it improves shoulder endurance when is done with really low weights, 0.5kg and less. No need for full speed and power shots, medium paced shadow boxing with a lot of movement.