Boxnation - what is the point?!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by delboy82, May 2, 2018.

1. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    "The landmark deal will see Warren promote 20 premium live boxing events a year that will be simulcast on BT Sport and BoxNation."

This is a direct quote lifted from Boxnations site. It should have a * on it and small print at the bottom saying - all fights will be simulcast except for the biggest named fighter with Boxnation.

2. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    I think this is simply to get more people to view Tyson Fury on BTSport to get better ratings and look better with the execs involved in the deal.

I cancelled boxnation months ago because i felt it simply wasn't worth the monthly fee as for months it can stagnate and then maybe you'll get three in a row fights like Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux,...etc... The channel feels rather pointless overall at this point. I think a couple of years ago it was worth it but not now.

3. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    All of Boxnations fight s are shown through BT Sports regardless all this does is LOSE viewers not gain them ! And as I said they advertise on Boxnation Fury as one of their fighters and I think most would agree he is their star attraction.... So the star attraction will not be fighting on their channel.

As I said total slap to the face of all those who do not have BT Sports but do pay for Boxnation.

4. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013

I get that but i think this is early ''leverage'' to try and make it less convoluted with the execs at BT and Frank Warren if they will come to an agreement in the future for a Fury vs Joshua BTSport Box Office/Sky Box Office set up. It then makes more financial sense for BT in the future.

Anyway, I'm just speculating. I think for a comeback fight to be both on BT Sport and Boxnation. Warren has probably got a good financial deal to only put it on BT Sport for the comeback.

5. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
    So the lomachenko fight will be on BT ?

6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    That's a liberty.

7. delboy82

Feb 18, 2014
    loma is not a Warren and Queensferry boxer. He is not their star attraction either.

8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Another point is that Boxnation have been raving about Fury on Twitter, posting the “He’s back” ads and all of his posts etc.

Nah, he’s back on BT. Boxnation is a deceased channel.

delboy82, Scissors and Gymbot like this.
  9. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I just got an email from BT this afternoon - "Feel the Fury"... Linking to this page...

http://sport.bt.com/boxing/tyson-fu...44341?s_cid=con_email_analogfolk_20180503_CTA

RIP Boxnation. Glad I've cancelled.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  10. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Scissors likes this.
  11. EastLondonDan

EastLondonDan Active Member Full Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Full page advert on the back of today’s London Evening Standard, and I quote...

Tyson’s Fury’s comback fight on June 9th is only on BT Sport with more top fighters exclusively live from the autumn
    Then there’s pictures of Dubois, BJS, Frampton, Warrington and Fury.

Then in the small print it says that with the exception of Fury the fighters are on both BN and BT until Oct 1st, then they’ll be exclusive to BT Sport....

Sounds like BN is winding down to me.

Jurgen likes this.
  12. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    We are about the fans......BS!!!!!!!

Nope you are about your pocket Fwank and always have been but you keep mugging people off.

Stop chatting craap and say it as it is..

We do give a toss about anyone as long as we make as much as poss! BN bye bye

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I did laugh when some on here tried to claim Warren was any less about the money than any other promoter.

Scissors likes this.
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    There used to be a poster on here who would regularly criticise FW/Boxnation and actually predicted approx 3 years ago that Boxnation would disappear with the boxing content transferred to BT.

Hopefully he comes back on here and gives us a few Lottery numbers.

EastLondonDan likes this.
  15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Personally I unsubscribed a long time ago but this latest fiasco is a disgraceful way to treat the loyal Boxnation Customers.