Boxrec lost the last bit of trustworthiness.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, Sep 30, 2022.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Now they accepting fight results of fights which didn't even happen lol.

Hussein Muhamed, who won the bull**** WBC International Silver Title back in 2021 against Senad Gashi but got busted for using PEDs, has a fight (TKO 1 win) listed against Georgian journeyman named Shalva Jomardashvili on September 24th.

The problem is that Hussein Muhamed didn't even fight that night. So promoters padding records getting an easy pass by Boxrec without any form of confirmation needed? Pathetic.

This is ridiculous. I know promoters bringing in cans paid to lose a fight. But now you don't even have to actually get into a ring and "fight" to get a W on Boxrec? Ridiculous.

Boxrec really needs to get its **** together.

2. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
  3. serioussam

serioussam Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2021
    LEL. How. Hussein is suspended for using peds till next year lol.

Same like Mark Petrovsky's debut fight against Collins Omondi Ojal. It was a NC but its a 2nd round RTD accoroding to boxrec. Mark Petrovsky is now #121 (!!) :D

4. Mastrangelo

Mastrangelo Active Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2019
    I believe that boxrec gets most of their information from local commisions. I write on their forum sometimes to let them know about some mistakes and missing information, usually on older fights - and They always update them.
    If You know for a fact that this fight didn't happen, You can let them know on their forum in "Record Queries&Updates" section, will be interesting to find out how that kind of mistake could happen. From what I was told, with recent fights They wait for "official report"... I assumed it's from commision - but I can't say I understand exactly how it works.
    In general - it must be hard to verify everything, particulary on smaller off TV shows, with all the boxing going on around the world every week. I think most people who do the work over there do it for free... and it's still a great service.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
    JOSEY WALES, KidGalahad, BCS8 and 8 others like this.
  5. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    this used to happen on boxing records way more.
    for us old enough to remember boxing record keeping before the internet, boxrec is huge improvement

6. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    They also refuse to list Junlong's KO1 vs former CW champ Ramirez

7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Shut up qu1t3rz.

8. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    Well, some new infos here:

Apparently he fought behind closed doors BEFORE the event started and doors opened.

Looks super fishy too me especially when i consider that he was the biggest name on the card by a landslide and they didn't mention the fight before the event, didn't promote the fight, they didn't even talk about it during the event saying something like "Hussein Muhamed fought behind closed doors and won via TKO1"...they just did it secretly and quietly behind closed doors.

Very, very iffy but it is what it is. My fault somehow albeit i don't even consider it as a fault because the fight didn't happen during the event and if you see the result and ask yourself "WTF, he didn't fight" ...and if you ask like 5 friends and they all confirm it because they asked the same question it's more than shady. Promoters and Officials should be a bit more transparent and public with such information. People already have zero trust and faith in boxing because of the corruption and they're doing stuff like this.

HellSpawn86 and Mastrangelo like this.
  9. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Boxrec is a very small organisation. Believe me when I say it is very close to being a one-man operation.

JOSEY WALES and HellSpawn86 like this.
  10. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    The problem is that people are full of mistrust if it comes to boxing. Like myself. I wouldn't been shocked if they just made the fight up and he didn't even fight. Not 1%. So i combined that with not seeing Muhamed fight as i was there from start to finish and he didn't fight. Friends of mine confirmed that and so the picture was painted. It's actually sad but probably justified.

Regarding Boxrec: Yeah. Might be the case. But Boxrec has some reputation. If they're so small they need to get sponsors etc...the site is already full of crap, every time i visit Boxrec i get some shady messages from my AntiVirus program lmfao. It's like who does not move with the times, will be removed over time. Boxrec got some nice new look recently so i guess there is some potential.

HellSpawn86 and UniversalPart like this.
  11. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    They have a new web master who does all the data entry, but it's literally (on the face of it) a one man operation.

KidGalahad likes this.
  12. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    You know them? Why they don't want to grow? Getting sponsors etc.? Boxrec has a name. They'd find sponsors for sure.

13. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    I don't know the organisation but I know of the webmaster through a friend.

KidGalahad likes this.
  14. Liston3

Liston3 Active Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2005
    BoxRec is one of the greatest resources of all time. Fanatics of other sports would kill for that kind of comprehensive records database.Take their rankings system with the usual caveats, etc etc, and then stop complaining and enjoy its greatness. Thanks.

15. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    They also have Canelo drawing and winning his first two confrontations with Triple G. That is asinine, they were robberies which should never be put up as legit.