Boxxer - best in the UK?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Feb 5, 2024.

1. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Obviously Hearn and Warren have much better stables but chasing the Saudi money and don’t really care about the uk anymore.

Boxxer having Butasi on Saturday
    Wardley and Clarke
    CBS fight too.

is it safe to say even though there undercard fights are terrible right now they are the best?

Beale likes this.
  2. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    They’re not. They have no clout. The only world title fights ( mens ) that they have put on is solely down to them getting Okolie from Matchroom. They are bit players with no presence on the world scene at all.

3. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
  4. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Best at what? Putting on average shows filled mostly with young/inexperienced fighters? Their mains aren’t even that good, Buatsi Azeez is the only good one they’ve had since probably Marshall Shields/Mayer Baumgartner.

David Street likes this.
  5. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Sure if you like QR codes being thrust in your face every five minutes and ten minute ringwalks for fighters who haven't won anything yet.

David Street and rezzer like this.
  6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Not for this punter.

I'm not enjoying their cards much, there's a forced feeling about them that runs through the entire production.

Big Mo is a good example, he's trying too hard, rein it back some. Likeable Dan Azeez slipping on that newness for the sake of it ring floor was another.

This is on top of the weakness of much of the offering. I don't t expect them to instantly recreate a stable like match rooms, but some of the fare on show has been poor to say the least.

That said I wish them well and am still tuning in, unlike DAZN which I binned after the Benn fiasco and am not missing.

Franks TNT shows are domestic number one for me these days. Some decent presenters, Woodhall and Frampton in particular. There's often a decent fight amongst the undercard and they gav us the best non ppv card of the last year.

7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Whilst they look to begin 2024 in a much better place, Frank's on top with domestics

Not a fan of their production either

Frankie Blue Eyes, Astro and Holler like this.
  8. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    2 mains they have got coming up is very good for me.

Hearn is non existent in UK now - Dalton Smith should have went to Boxxer

Warren is decent

9. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If we look at the big 3 UK promotors and upcoming UK shows according to boxrec
    Boxxer have 1 show pencilled in, Queensberry have 3 and Matchroom have 4.
    Matchroom is quantity over quality, Queensberry have some stacked cards and Boxxer have a good domestic headlining event.
    Boxxer are not leading anything.

10. Craigt93

Craigt93 Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2020
    Dalton’s deal with Matchroom is up after this next fight. Local talk is he’ll sign a new one though.

Be interesting though it Boxxer throws him a big offer.

11. Legs are shaky

Legs are shaky Member Full Member

May 25, 2023
    Lads , boxxer is cringey.
    Hyping up ringwalks .

12. Justchris17

Justchris17 Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2016
    Don’t know what it is but I just find their shows cheesy and annoying with the music, ring walks and OTT hype etc. it’s probably just me though getting fed up with the state of boxing, struggle to get excited for cards these days often just prefer to watch some older fights.

im sparticus and Holler like this.
  13. DoubleG95Fanatic

Oct 25, 2021
    Wardley Clarke and what's the other?

Hearn did put on Conlan Gill back end of the year up in Belfast didn't he? Nice shock there. Catterall Linares too. Has Smith in a very good match up next month. Wouldn't say non existent but he is shifting more focus state side and Saudi.

14. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    CBS v Riakporhe.

Riakporhe wins via a late KO. Yes, I am RR fan.

Can't wait for both fights.

15. DoubleG95Fanatic

Oct 25, 2021
    Ah yeah, decent mains I'd say......not sure Clarke is worthy of being called main event calibre but there we go and the other is a rematch from a matchroom bill which was on the undercard to Whyte Rivas.

Oreet Cha! likes this.