Boxxer goes global

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Astro, May 12, 2022.

1. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
  2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Hi Ben!

Accurate likes this.
  3. stm19990

stm19990 New Member Full Member

May 8, 2022
    Think hearn greed has cost him alot of money going the app route

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    ashishwarrior, Accurate and Astro like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
  5. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I hope Eddie Hearn / Matchroom UK wakes up and enters the fight. They need to put better shows on here in the U.K.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    They're putting on better UK shows than anyone this year so far ( as well as internationally Taylor vs Serano selling out maddison Square Gardens and Canelo vs Bivol) including the fight of the year so far in Wood vs Conlan.

7. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Yes, right now Matchroom arranges the best fights and they have given us some unforgettable moments in recent months, but what about the future ? It's a heavy burden resting on Conor Benn's shoulders and I feel sorry for him.

8. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Why’s that? There’s room for plenty.
    If you want to know the truth boxxer have taken MTKs ESPN deal. Most cards will be on ESPN plus and the rights fees for this are circa $15k a show. Most of the other dead are the deals matchroom gave up previously. These deals are worth a maximum of £50k a show combined. Will not even cover the Price and Artingsall purses.

I hope boxxer make some traction. They are on the right track but need some headliners fast. If it was me I would be looking at nabbing Callum Smith and Dillian Whyte.

I would also be trying to sign some foreign fighters as I believe due to the social make up of Britain now can still sell great tickets. I would try to tie Usyk or Hrgovic down to a big deal too

BEATDOWNZ, Astro and Bob Flaps like this.
  9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    They have wood vs Warrington or Santa Cruz coming. Wood vs conlan rematch is also sat there. Taylor be Serrano 2. Okolie vs briedis.

making with dalton smith etc. they are strong.

10. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Absolute garbage.

Take a look at the future - everything you watch will be IP delivered, and access-controlled by an app. I'm no Hearn fan but he's 100% correct trying this strategy out.

App-based delivery has been in the works since about 2008 by the way; TV technical cycles are like turning an oil tanker but it's baked in to happen over the next 5 years. Watch that space.

nurological, Mitch87 and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  11. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    greed and ego.

12. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Is he? or might it have been better to wait, let someone else make the mistakes DAZN have, and then swoop in and do it better.

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    This is great news for Boxxer but not sure how it relates to Eddie Hearn and matchroom?

14. stm19990

stm19990 New Member Full Member

May 8, 2022
    Your correct apps are the future but you can't compare hearns trash app to the likes of Netflix and or other successful apps I don't know the in and out why his no longer with sky but if I had to guess they didn't renew his contract due to poor ratings whatever the reason his put all his fighters on this app which I have read some bad reviews about live fights freezing and buffering alot and am a big boxing fan and have missed some fight not knowing they are on So poor advertising
    And the archives that only has 250 fights that's nothing and I don't know if it's a done deal or only rumours but this ppv chargers for the likes of Canelo when your already paying a monthly fee I don't see this app been around that long imo his cut alot of corners but that's only my opinion and you have yours so agree to disagree

Last edited: May 13, 2022
    Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  15. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I do not have numbers on how many interviews I have seen with Eddie Hearn where one of his selling points is that the boxers who sign with Matchroom are guaranteed exposure all over the world. Boxxer can match that now.