Boxxer under pressure from Sky ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DramaShow, Apr 9, 2023.

1. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    That's fair comment mate and your opinion.

But read your post again, that isn't what you said initially. You were mocking the idea of Wood fighting in a stadium simply because it might not sell out, which I called you out on.

Good to see you've back tracked.

2. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    No problem if I am underestimating the support of Wood as locals will know better than me.

Quite happy to be corrected if wrong and I would be pleased to see Wood attract a large crowd.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
  3. Boris Wang

Boris Wang New Member banned Full Member

Jul 26, 2023
    Azim is being moved really fast and will have competitive fights in his next 10 for sure. Dalton Smith is like 15 fights in and didn't really have a competitive fight either if you want to say that.

Viddal Riley just fought somone who was 12-0 with 0 KOs and this is like the 4th time he's done it in his 10 fights but no one says that it's because they're protecting his glass chin. You're just saying that about Azim cause he's asian...

4. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    A glass chin has no ethnic origin as history informs us whether the chin is black, white, brown or yellow.

Personally enjoyed Dillian Whyte being KTFO against Povetkin, Khan against Prescott, Groves against Froch and Mick Conlan against Leigh Wood is my favourite.

All different ethnic backgrounds but the KO is beautiful all the same.

tee_birch, im sparticus and tdf1974 like this.
  5. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Whyte v Povetkin was a thing of beauty.

Bellew v Usyk was another, especially after Bellew was banging his gloves on his shorts a few rounds earlier asking Usyk to have a go.

All will be trumped the day that little rat Benn gets knocked out though.

6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    What on earth are you on about. Get back to sleep man.

nothing to do with him being Asian and bring ing that up shows the kind of person you are

im sparticus likes this.
  7. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Nothing to do with that. Azim's last opponent was a featherfister and he stunned Azim a couple of times. He is being moved quickly with no senior amateur experience but he is being protected fighting these guys with low KO percentages. That is fine we are just pointing out the facts.

I mean Dalton Smith has a win over Sam Maxwell which would probably be Azim's 2nd best win after Faniian.

8. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    It’s a shame Matchroom had matching rights on Dalton Smith as he could really do with Sky’s exposure. Big gap in Sheffield for a new headliner but barely anyone round here knows he’s fighting.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2023
    Astro, Beale and Bfcad like this.
  9. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    He fought Kaisee Benjamin on Sky already. He knows that if he signs with Boxxer they will try and do their best to stack the odds in favour of Azim who is their next big star. Matchroom have a whole lot of top fighters at 140, he's better off staying there.

I agree Sky's exposure is always a positive over TNT and DAZN, but if you look at a lot of their shows they are hardly selling a load of tickets anyway. This is one of the rare instances when you shouldn't align yourself to a football club.

10. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    Went to his last show as we got freebies from a seat filler site, actually turned out to be a half decent night with a couple of decent undecard scraps but I have never seen Sheffield Arena so empty......and I say that as someone who has watched a Sheffield Steelers ice hockey preseason friendly there. Was like a ghost town,Upper tier curtained off,lower tier maybe half full,most of kiosks for drinks closed. At least it made the parking easy

ALN93 likes this.
  11. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    It’s a shame mate as he’s a top lad and a good fighter.

12. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

Bregeon is the same guy who lost to Isaac Chamberlain in an 8-rounder not too long ago. Pretty poor opponent though to be honest. I presume Riakporhe will fight Billam-Smith next year, maybe at the Vitality Stadium again.

im sparticus likes this.
  13. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

Riakporhe sounding frustrated with Ben Shalom. Now he will have to wait until 2024 for a world title shot where he will rematch Billam-Smith.

14. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Promoters has an s on the end and his comments applies to all promoters.

Matchroom been the biggest culprit of big fights not happening over the past 10 years.

Joshua v Fury
    Joshua v Wilder twice

Triple duck just one example.

Inglis_1 and Bfcad like this.
  15. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    He's basically kust describing pro boxing then haha.

Beale likes this.