Bradley Skeete vs. Kerman Lejarraga

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Feb 20, 2018.

Super/Revolver?

1. Skeete on points

50.0%
  2. Skeete by stoppage

5.6%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lejarraga on points

16.7%
  5. Lejarraga by stoppage

27.8%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    March 24th at Bilbao Arena in Lejarraga's hometown in País Vasco (technically Spain), for the newly vacant EBU welterweight title.

Apparently somebody told Mohamed "Le Problème" Mimoune that an IBO world title belt is a real prize, and worth more than his European title, because he vacated the former and has been proudly showing off the latter on a publicity tour at various galas across France and posing with it for pictures on social media. :nusenuse: Quelle bêtise!

So, before he dropped the belt, Mimoune was in talks for a defense versus Lejarraga. Then when he vacated it was supposed to be Lejarraga vs. David Avanesyan. Then when that fell through, Lejarraga vs. Quadratillo Abduqaxorov. For whatever reason that didn't work out, so we had Lejarraga vs. Ahmed El Mousaoui signed & sealed, ready to go...until a couple of weeks ago. Now, finally, somebody has stepped up that wants it (and has a wrathful promoter holding their leash; when Frank signs the dotted line he probably won't brook any nonsense about Skeete getting cold feet, not that I expect him to)

Skeete and Mimoune are stylistically pretty similar - which is to say that he and Lejarraga could not be more diametrically opposed. Skeete is a negative spoiler, who excels at what he does but is never exactly keen for a rumble; Lejarraga is as pure a puncher as you'll find...tense, mono-directional, one-geared, looking to dole out some hurtful stuff whenever possible.

This should be pretty interesting.

KiwiMan, pincai, Holler and 2 others like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hopefully Lejarraga knocks Bradley "The Arab Looking Pete Townshend" Skeete's head into orbit, and wins by KO1.

But it'll probably end up looking like the Skeete-Gavin match with Kerman winning by controversial MD.

SnatchBox likes this.
  3. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Did you see the Kerminators rats tail?

Bueno

SnatchBox likes this.
  4. Txomo

Txomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Typical mover&slugger fight. I know Bradley has never been stopped but he has not fought big punchers... I put my money on Kerman stopping him on round 8.

CST80, SnatchBox and IntentionalButt like this.
  5. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    :lol:You know way too much.

6. Txomo

Txomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Watch Skeete-Eggington round 7. Woooooooow. Skeete looks like a 5 times world champion in that round. Just that round :-D

SnatchBox likes this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Lol why don't you like Skeete?

I think Frank has done Bradley dirty here by sending him to Spain, Danny Williams was shafted badly out there years back.

SnatchBox likes this.
  8. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    This content is protected

9. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    So, this got postponed from its original date (which was supposed to be a month ago) and is in fact happening on Saturday. :thumbsup:

10. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not sure how anyone could describe what Bradley did to Eggington (his sternest foe to date) as negative spoiling. That was some of the tidiest pure boxing I've seen in the last couple years or so.

Recommended viewing, for any who missed it;

Lejarraga isn't much of a Gavin analogue. Were you thinking of Eggington (more of a stylistic ringer for Lejarraga than Frankie)?

11. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Skeete's a swell guy. He lumbered himself with the 'boring' rep, and his relative toothlessness (attributable, in significant part, to rather modest punching power) is fair game up to a point, but the Eggington fight showed that he can put on pleasing performances with his skills given the right matchups.

And, on the matter of Bradley's seeming lack of killer instinct, I find his reticence more forgivable than in the case of someone like Lara, who has notable power but still refuses to go in when opponents are there for the taking.

12. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Nah, I meant Gavin, he was forced to fight far more aggressively than he usually does against Skeete, more of a pressure fighter, that he didn't look all that comfortable attempting.

13. navigator

Nov 5, 2017
    Gavin was still typically elusive and cagey, though, even while in front of Skeete, not exactly straight-ahead. I'd expect Lejarraga to be less complicated and more open from the film I've seen. It should bring out the best in Skeete's boxing, instead of the stultifying fare that the Gavin bout provided.

And I'd hope that the officials won't all be Spanish...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  14. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Skeete will come into the ring with a shotgun as he is a skeete shooter! That's what skeete shooters do!

15. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Lejarraga as somewhere inbetween, he doesn't just eat clean shots like dunderheaded Sam, but he's not nearly as elusive as Frankie. Kerman has a little head movement, and bounces in and out of range a little more than Sam, and IIRC Gavin won around rounds off of Bradley and Sam about 4, so Kerman will probably nick 4 or 5 himself, which is all he'll need in Spain, that is if he doesn't win by KO, which is a possibility.