Bravest fighters

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mr. magoo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Mike Cannon

Mike Cannon Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2020
    George Chuvalo
    Little Red
    Benny Paret
    Chris Eubank (SNR)
    Billy Petrolle
    Armando Muniz
    Mark Kaylor

2. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Gatti, Holy, LaMotta, Fury, C. Sanders, V. Klitschko, Lyle, McClellan, Chuvalo and many others

3. JWSoats

JWSoats Active Member Full Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Old timer Joe Grim comes to mind. That he was even allowed to fight is hard to believe. His record reads like a Who's Who of great fighters of the early 20th century. A comparitively small man, he fought the likes of Fitz, Jack Johnson and nearly every top heavyweight and light-heavy of his era. His claim to fame was that almost nobody could knock him out, though they all tried. He was floored multiple times in most of his fights, which he lost handily but he would defiantly state after each fight "I'm Joe Grim and I fear no man!" Luther McCarty was one of few who actually did stop him. Today he doubtless would be denied a license and not surprisingly he died in a sanitarium in 1937.

4. William Walker

William Walker Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 9, 2020
    i would imagine Muniz is a bit underrated

5. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Naoto Takahashi, since no one else will mention him. The man had so much heart and determination it left him with a brain haemorrhage and brain damage. He was in some of the bravest performances ever fought in a Boxing ring, such as the first war with Noree Jockygym and the absolute war with Mark Horikoshi. His nickname was literally 'Prince of the Reversal'. He was a national level fighter only, but I will mention him and others like him any chance I can get. There are a lot of obscure and lower level names you could put in this thread more deserving than those already mentioned, especially in the British circuit.

Check out this article to get an overview on his career and filmed fights if interested:
    https://www.asianboxing.info/thinki...k-back-on-japanese-action-man-naoto-takahashi

6. christpuncher

christpuncher Active Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    The greatest, manos de piedra, real deal, smokin, el flaco explosivo

7. Vince Voltage

Vince Voltage Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Floyd Patterson fought a whole career as the smaller man.

8. Vince Voltage

Vince Voltage Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Duk Koo Kim deserves a mention, in all seriousness.

9. louis54

louis54 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Wolgast, nelson, greb, td lewis, villa, dillon, mcgority kaplan, petrolle. On and on

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. Mike Gould

Mike Gould Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2017
    Chris Byrd. Undersized and underpowered blown up cruiser at best. Hung with most of the big names in the 90's/2000's heavyweight division and went into almost every fight knowing he was at a disadvantage.

11. Bukkake

Bukkake Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Don C***ell showed extreme courage against Marciano.