BREAKING — Canelo No Longer Fighting In SEP...!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jul 17, 2019.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    It was reported that DAZN only approved two fights for Canelo in September : GGG and Kovalev. GBP had September 14th booked in Vegas, but when GBP started negotiating with GGG to make the fight GGG said he refuses to fight in Vegas, and MSG is booked for the September 14th date. Then GBP made an offer to Kovalev, giving Kovalev 3 TIMES more than his biggest payday ever. Kovalev's promoter refused the offer.

SO IT'S NOT LIKE CANELO DIDN'T TRY TO MAKE A FIGHT ON SEPT 14TH ! ! It's not his fault that GGG refuses to fight in Vegas or that Kovalev didn't accept the offer that would have made him 3X more than he's ever made lol.

His haters have been criticzing on here the idea of him fighting Munguia or basically anyone else besides those two. I personally would have loved to see him fight Andrade but it's unclear if DAZN would even allow him to fight anyone other than GGG or Kovalev. So instead of fighting someone less challenging to which he would get criticized for (as he did for fighting Fielding) he decides not to fight on Sept 14th but promises to fight before the end of the year.

Maybe a few more months will allow GGG the time to find his pen and agree to actually fight Canelo in Vegas or wherever. maybe MSG will have a date available by December so GGG's diva antics will be satified. Or maybe Kovalev will be more willing to fight Canelo once he fights his mandatory. But holy smokes Canelo being criticized for not fighting in September after trying to make two fights with GGG and Kovalev (against his promoter's wishes no less) is laughable. It's not Canelo's fault GGG is too much of a diva or scared to fight him in Vegas again, it's not his fault Kovalev refused an offer that would have made him 3X more than he ever made in a fight.

IsaL likes this.
  2. reed_man02

reed_man02 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    I agree and this is why I don’t want see a third fight. Don’t know why his fans want a third fight when all they are going to do is ***** and moan about the outcome. Kinda like what they’ve been doing every day since the last fight lol.