(BREAKING) Canelo-Saunders Is OFF Due To Ring Size, Says Tom Saunders. Edit: Is Back On!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, May 4, 2021.

1. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    I’m not sure this answers my question of why doesn’t Canelo just cut off the ring.

2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    who says he wont, regardless of ring size?

3. DavidC77

DavidC77 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    But what is an 'even playing field' when it comes to the size of the ring?

Whatever size the ring is, it's the same for both fighters.

I thought a compromise had been reached. Canelo wanted 20 feet, Saunders wanted 24. They went with 22 so what's the problem?

Am I missing something here?

4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This better be some masterful last minute brinksmanship or they better have an amazing reason for cancelling the fight. Lots of people with lots of money will be royally pissed.

5. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    Nobody said it. Im asking why does Canelo and his team make a big deal out of ring size if he can just cut off the ring with his masterful boxing?

6. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    Lol for sure. BJS will never fight again if he pulls out. This is all promotions.

ElCyclon and BCS8 like this.
  7. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    for the same reason the saunders clan wants a bigger ring. why cant saunders, with his fabulous leg work, and gypsy slickness, just step to the side instead of back? is that extra step he might have been able to take otherwise, going to determine who the better fighter is?

8. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Hey it only a even playing field when both fighters are of equal stature...other than that, Floyd & Alvarez didn't have even playing fields when they were B-sides.

9. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    Because he can’t. Simply put.

gogeta and bandeedo like this.
  10. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Sep 29, 2017
    So you agree, they don’t like fighting on even playing fields. They have to have advantages.

11. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I really, really, REALLY want Canelo to stop this man.

12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Good. Stand you ground, BJS 2.0. Give this deck-stacking loaded dice rolling ginger pollo a taste of his own medicine. His fanboys like his judges have filled their scorecards out long before the first bell and integrity is not a word in their vocabularies and even if you school this ginger creep his judges, as has been proven time and time again, will rob you blind and his cheerleaders to a man and a woman will defend it to the hilt and find a way to score rounds you dominated against you.

13. JordanK2406

JordanK2406 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    If this is true then Saunders is a massive coward honestly and deserves to be humiliated for it. I pray this ain’t true as this will ruin his reputation for good. Ain’t no coming back from it.

gogeta and maac like this.
  14. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah, a bigger ring plays into Saunders' hands - or more accurately, feet - way more than Canelo's due to his style. Saunders wants have more room to move and avoid Canelo, obviously Canelo doesn't want him to have it.

Stiff Jab likes this.
  15. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011

it is what is is...it's what being the A-side is all about. If you are that good of a figher, you should be able to beat the A-side even with all of the stips...Floyd was able to do that to Oscar.