Breaking down AJ's resume

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Whyte: AJ's first non-bum opponent was Whyte. I'll admit as time has passed his win over Whyte has looked better due to some lucky circumstances by Whyte. 7/10

Martin: He came for a payday and he won his title because another bum in Glaskov injured himself. 2/10

Dominic Breazeale: Almost got killed by Amir Mansour. Solid opponent but below Gerald Washington. 5-6/10

Eric Molina: Wilder brutally beat this man up. He fought a shell of Molina. 5/10

Klitschko: Klitschko was 41 coming off a 2 year lay off after a one sided loss to Fury. AJ almost got stopped in this bout but showed a lot of heart. I just call **** how it is so I give him props for that. We must also note that Wlad looked awful against Jennings. So 2 fights he looked bad, and he was in his 40's. 8/10

Carlos Takam: Solid guy but the stoppage was a bs. 6.5/10

Povetkin: Nearly decapitated by David Price in his previous bout. He was also caught on PEDs several times and not the same Pedvetkin. If it was Pedvetkin that was taking Takam's head off it would be a 8/10. But this Povetkin was a 7 at best.

Sephiroth Rising 7, Pimp C and CST80 like this.
  2. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Now break down Wilder's please :)

kiwi_boxer, Ph33rknot, S.K and 13 others like this.
  3. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    its a very good resume for someone with his amount of fights

Furey, Power_tek, Breazer5678 and 5 others like this.
  4. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Your scores aren’t actually that bad. I’d personally notch Wlad up, and Povetkin, as both were very good wins in today’s heavyweight climate.

Now, on to your descriptions, which are god awful, and scream Wilder love. Objectivity is not your friend.

5. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Malik Scott: A guy who was beating Chisora points, technically a brilliant boxer but not the sturdiest. 6.5/10

Stiverne 1: A monster with a pistol like counter right. He was the favorite against Wilder but now everyone is downplaying him. Yes Stiverne 2 Wilder gets no credit but Stiverne 1 he gets plenty. Funny how the same people who were rating Stiverne and hated Wilder now try and play it off like he's a bum. He was rated top 3 on ring, and was the WBC champ. 7.5/10.

Eric Molina: Was on a solid run leading upt to Wilder. Nothing special though. 5.5/10

Duhapaus: Has a win over Charr and Helenius. Usyk fanboys want to credit Briedis for beating Charr but won't credit Duhapaus for doing it before. He might get underrated since Pedvetkin stopped him but this was on like an hours notice and against a roided up pedvetkin. 6.5/10

Artur Szpilka: Gave Wilder issues but not really anything special. 5/10

Gerald Washington: A giant that gives most HW issues prior to Wilder 1 after receiving a life changing windmill beatdown. Was undefeated too. 6/10

Luis Ortiz: The boogeyman, absolutely destroyed a Jennings that gave Wlad ISSUES. No one wanted that work. 9/10

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Actually it was hours notice, he was brought in the day of the fight.:lol:

Glass City Cobra and ellerbe like this.
  7. MeatFeastMan

MeatFeastMan Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 4, 2018
    'This povetkin' was not a 7 at best. That was a very motivated, very dangerous povetkin. He'd have smashed Wilder, Fury, Ortiz, Parker, Whyte and the rest into oblivion on that night. But he caught AJ at the wrong time.

And klitschko is klitschko. He was always slow paced, it's not like his lost energy over the years meant his performance dipped against AJ. He made one little mistake and that was not pouncing on AJ when he put him down. That's all. Apart from that, that was as good as we've seen Wlad for a long while.

And the stoppage didn't matter against Takam. He dominated all those rounds with a broken nose regardless.

And who's Gerald Washington beat? Breazeale has at least one 'decent' name in Ugonoh. I can't stand Breazeale but even he's done more than Gerald Washington....

S.K, Slowhand, BCS8 and 3 others like this.
  8. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Lmao, see I was being generous to Joshua.

CST80 likes this.
  9. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    He has a win over fast eddie chambers.

10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Please do another thread with Wilders resume.. I need a giggle and using that grading system and then seeing you have to use minus numbers will really make me laugh.

11. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Wladimir, Povetkin, Parker, and Whyte... I hate Joshua but that is legitimate credentials for a "#1 ranked" fighter.

blackbolt396, Furey, Scissors and 3 others like this.
  12. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    I did a breakdown on this thread. You sound mad though. Why?

13. N17

Feb 16, 2013

I agree, you only have to have a look at who Wilder was fighting from errr 16-22 fights. I'll compare them, got nothing better to do..

16th Professional Fight

AJ Vs Martin (23-0-1). IBF World Title
    Wilder Vs Reggie Pena (6-6-0)

17th Professional Fight

AJ Vs Breazeale (17-0) IBF World Title
    Wilder Vs Damon Read (46-15-0)

18th Professional Fight

AJ Vs Molina (25-3-0) IBF World Title
    Wilder Vs D Alexander (20-11-1)

19th Professional Fight

AJ Vs Klitschko (64-4-0). IBF & WBA World Titles
    Wilder Vs Daniel Cota (17-3-1)

20th Professional Fight

AJ Vs Takam (35-3-1) IBF & WBA World Titles
    Wilder Vs David Long (11-1-2)

21st Professional Fight

AJ Vs Parker (24-0) IBF, WBA & WBO World Titles
    Wilder Vs Marlon Hayes (23-10-0)

22nd Professional Fight

AJ Vs Povetkin (34-1-0) IBF, WBA & WBO World Titles
    Wilder Vs Jesse Oltmanns (10-2-0)

And some of you actually have the audacity to criticise AJ for who he has fought at this stage of his career yet somehow try to justify Wilders shockingly awful resume.

You only need to look at what they were both doing at that stage of their careers to realise these two are not on the same level.

14. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    I say "give me a giggle" and I sound mad? :confused:

15. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Hey ding dong, did I criticize him? I'm just rating his resume. Holy **** lmao, you can't rate someone's resume without it being "criticism". I was trying to be as fair and objective as possible. You fanboys are so hysterical.