Breaking down AJ's resume

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Nov 6, 2018.

1. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Wilders resume is not impressive. neither is going life and death with a couple forty year olds.

2. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    Fury's resume is pathetic too.

3. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    That's your opinion mine I still say Wilders resume is Crap.

4. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I don't think in under 30 fights with Cunningham away, hammer, Chisora twice and Klitschko that it is pathetic though think Joshua's resume overall has passed Fury's now, even though I think Fury arguably has the better win

5. archdeacon99

archdeacon99 Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Wlad beat Byrd for the IBF belt which Byrd gained as a vacant belt while THE real champion was still Lewis. Thereby that title was inconsequential when held by Byrd, and then Wlad.

Vitali Klitschko beat sanders for the retired crown of Lewis as The Heavyweight champion along with the WBC belt.

Sanders was stripped of the WBO belt for facing Vitali, So technically Vitali beat the true lineage holder of the WBO title while gaining Lewis`s WBC and Ring belts.

Wlad fought for the vacant WBO title in a losing effort against Brewster. All Wlad gains from beating Sultan is the lineage of victory from his loss to Brewster for a vacant title.

The true WBO lineage went with the WBC, Ring and at the time the recognition as the lineal champion for holding Lewis`s belt, to Vital Klitschko.

The WBA title was from the Evander memorial Don King round robin with Ruiz which was lost to Jones then vacated then won by Toney then stripped then given back to Ruiz and onto Haye, No lineage of legacy there.

Today these have now passed to Fury then to AJ via vacant title winning Charles Martin, vacant box off with Wlad and Parker who won his in a box off for vacant WBO. There is no lineage or championship greatness in AJ`s current standing. Beat Wilder Fury winner and at least all this fragmented lineage consolodates as far back to Klitschko as possible by gaining the supposed Lineal title he re-started.

6. BigStiffIdiot

BigStiffIdiot Safer than Adam Smith's laptop password. Full Member

Sep 4, 2018
    I haven't said anything to the contrary.

7. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    old shot cunningham. never any good, small feather fist hammer. bum ass small featherfist chisora. never notice fury ducks anyone with size and power?

8. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    beat the former undisputed champ... beat the current #3 guy in whyte.. beat a top 5 hw in his prime in parker.. beat the 2nd best hw in the era before him in povetkin… I mean its a A- Resume.. just needs fury and wilder..

9. deltrotter

deltrotter Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2013
    For someone who is knowledgeable in the noble art I am surprised you delved back in time to use JCC as an example, that man was fighting weeks apart not months.
    I think you should change your name to blowing smoke up your arse....

Please explain how time matters more than fight?? Explain that as Wilder went KOing his first 32 opponents so had little time in the ring. Wilder is a joke probably more so than Floyd at the moment

10. archdeacon99

archdeacon99 Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2016
    What former Undisputed champ? Klitschko was never Undisputed champ, [Never won the WBC title] not even the best fighter in his own family! In fact he openly ducked the best guy in the division. By the time AJ fought him he was 41 and coming off a defeat. Good win but so close to losing it and as David Haye said Joshua has only had one real fight thus far, well maybe Parker also now but AJ couldnt do anything to him over 12 rounds.

11. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Fury fought Wladimir in Germany. Wladimir who has size and power.
    Arguably the best HW win of any active HW today.

As it stands Fury is set to face Wilder who has size and power and facing him in America.

The fact he fought Wladimir in Germany wrecks your comment

andrewa1 likes this.
  12. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I don't know how you could read my post and not understand. That's all I will say.

13. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Someone posted up a day or so back the complete list of Wilders fights and his opponents "rankings" (usually unranked) which I now cannot find.

Could someone, as I don't know where to search out such info, post up the same for AJs 22 fights so that some kind of comparision can be made, especially with regards AJs first 14 fights.

I suppose if they could do the same for Fury, then that would be most welcome, too.

Cheers in advance.

14. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Old WK is actually a better scalp than the Russian Hype job who never ever beat ANYBODY of note while hiding in Russia.....Eddie Chambers, washed up Byrd etc etc.

Conclusion: Povetkin for all the hype never ever delivered and was thrown around like a rag doll by glass chinned WK...and that was prime Povetkin...

However, if you almost getting your chips cashed in by a gun shy no stamina glass chinned stone old WK, who in his PRIME got waxed by absolute sub standard fighters then the future does not look too bright for AJ....he is a KO waiting to happen, some one pretty soon will find that chin and push that stamina, guaranteed.

Glass City Cobra likes this.
  15. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    who ducks their first title shot? he has ducked everyone with size and power if it isn't for a world title, how is that???? no way you can rationally argue that.