(BREAKING) Mikey Garcia Confirms Manny Pacquiao Fight Is Next...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Julio Cesar Chavez, Erik Morales, and Robert Garcia think Pac is the GOAT. Barrera said that Pac is only behind Ali.

You're not worth a dingleberry on the ass of the guys above who rate Pac that highly.

Dirsspaardis likes this.
  2. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Get real. Pac is not top twenty on any credible list. There’s a good argument to be made that he isn’t even the greatest of his era.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Reinhardt likes this.
  3. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    They are all dumb then

4. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I would rather see Pacman fight just about any other top 147 contender other than Mikey.

I don't think that Mikey has much of a chance here, and gets rolled by the Pacman.

pacas and Wizbit1013 like this.
  5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Mikey looking to cash out with another bumper pay check like he did against Spence. Expect another category C no mas from Mikey No Mas

6. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Very good fight. Beating a four weight world champ would be the cherry on top of this amazing career. Thankfully they’re both undersized welters too so it’s a good matchup. Lot on the line for Mikey so I expect him to bring his all.

7. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Then why haven't any other Flyweight champions done what Pac has done? It's not like there isn't any incentive. The money begins at 147. And the legacy begins at 147. It's much more difficult to receive high purses or leave a great legacy below 147. Would Roberto Duran talked about as highly as he is if he did not make his way up to Welterweight? Absolutely not.

Anybody who takes their legacy or earnings seriously wants to get to 147. But none of them had the talent of Pac to do it. Only Pac could do it.

8. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    He gave up more or less it was a souless performance from Garcia.

9. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    All credit to Pac for getting a belt in as many weight classes as he has but he hardly ever fought the best fighters at these different weights,. Some like Hatton and Cotto had taken beatings recently. Getting knocked stiff by Marquez and toyed with by Mayweather don’t help make the case in addition to losing to the school teacher from Australia.

pacas likes this.
  10. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Ray Robinson has 19 losses. So losses hardly take away a fighters legacy.

Dirsspaardis, Holler and pacas like this.
  11. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    How many fights did Robinson have.

mark ant likes this.
  12. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    He has almost 3 times as many wins as Pacquiao and almost 3 times as many losses as Pacquiao. Like I said, a great fighter is never defined by their losses...

Dirsspaardis, Holler, pacas and 3 others like this.
  13. cslb

Jan 27, 2014
    They are when they lose to fighters like Horn. Pac is a great fighter but the latter part of his career has been carefully managed.

Reinhardt and mark ant like this.
  14. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Your arguing with someone who just won’t give credit where credit is due. He has come up with excuses after excuses. Says he didn’t beat the best. But when asked why haven’t anyone else done it . Then says he has loses. When other greats lose are brought up , he has another excuse that your example had more fights. You countered that and I guarantee he will come up with another .

Dirsspaardis, Bofo24 and tinman like this.
  15. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Which "Best at...." do you think he overlooked? He did fight the best @ 122, 126, 130, 140, & 147. Can't say exactly who at the much lighter weights, since I wasn't paying as much attention to those divisions then.

He was offered ODLH when he fought at 135, so can't really blame him for moving up after beating David Diaz. BUT...135 was a bit of a mess at the time. I believe it was Juan Diaz who was considered the best then (But it depends on fight dates to be fair). Or Nate Campbell. But Pac v Diaz was just three months after Campbell v Diaz.

ArseBandit and tinman like this.