(BREAKING) Pacquiao Suffered Possible Detached Retina; Career In Jeopardy...!!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Answer the phone mofo!-Suge Knight Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    :risas3: Went old school on em. I still wonder how he hurt his eye? He was whooping Adrien's ass all over that ring, I know he didn't do it.

2. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I'm sure a quick swim in the sea will clear it up in no time.

DoubleJab666, Pimp C and thejudochop like this.
  3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Oh no, cut down in the flower of his youth, say it ain't so..his entire career ahead of him..

4. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I've got my vigil prepared for tonight to begin my prayers for Manny.

I won't sleep until I hear news that Manny has made a complete and full recovery which from the sounds of things, would be a miracle from God.

Everyone... I ask of you to join me in prayer for Manny so he can make it through this terrible ordeal

''Dear merciful God, Please help Manny. Dont't take manny away from us. Restore health and healing to Manny, with your redeeming love, so he may once again have the strength and will to avenge his loss to the evil one named Floyd. I renounce Mayweather, TBE and all their works.I give my entire self, to the Philippines ''

Amen

5. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    It is not hard to determine which one it is. The cornea being inflamed is easy to see, and the retinal exam would be dilating the eye to see in the eye and the retinal structure and look for a pull or tear.. I hope he will be ok, but a detached retina is different from those symptoms he showed. He did look like he was in pain at the postfight, but he said he had a cold. Detached retina is totally different. My Uncle had that when he was in a meeting and you see lines in your eye and he saw a curtain come up. It is not pain, but it is scary as hell I am sure. .

6. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    From Round 6 to 12, Manny was fighting w/ flu symptoms and a scratched cornea.

:lol:

7. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    Well, he probably had the flu symptoms the whole fight. The flu did not come on in round 6, but I see what you mean. I am glad he does not have a detached retina. That would be a tough situation for him.

thesmokingm likes this.
  8. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Broner did more damage with a clinch than any punch he threw.

9. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Hope it’s nothing cause we all know how tough Manny is,you think of him creased up in a foetal position and peeing blood after wars so he’s hardly a snowflake lol.

10. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Yes I heard that on YouTube,how mad is that,doubt it would be proper flu but there’s been some bad viruses flying about that really knock you for six.Lol if true it’s makes Broner look even worse if that’s possible as he was running from a 40yr old who unbeknown to Broner felt like s*** lol.

11. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    And one eyed blind

Angler Andrew likes this.
  12. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    https://www.boxingforum24.com/threa...ached-retina-from-adrien-broner-fight.623202/

13. PernellSweetPea

Feb 26, 2009
    It really does.. He is 40 and had the flu and controlled Broner. I never liked Broner. I always thought he was a boring fighter and a loud personality with not much for him to talk about. For him to have 4 titles in 4 weights. All those guys had to be limited whom he fought. I don't think Mikey should have those 4 titles either. He is better than Broner, but he is too young to have had that accomplishment. It was too easy for him when it took Hearns and Duran till the end of their championship careers to do that.

14. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    They don’t compare on account of today’s belts and organisations.
    It was an instinct thing with Broner and there never been many folk to mention Broners titles at various weight classes as they never struck you as being real at the time.
    His act was based on being mates with Mayweather and being the villain with hair combing thing ect,he clearly mistook Floyds greatness for his own without picking up on Floyds biggest asset to go with his natural talent,Floyds attention to training and hard work.
    Looking back on Broners career from fighting Pauline Malinagi and getting a gift to getting stuffed by Porter and Maidana it’s clear that whenever he stepped up he was woefully found wanting.

Holler and PernellSweetPea like this.
  15. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Jordan played a playoff game with the flu. Pac is up there in rarefied air now.