Breland coming out

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RacingBeat, Oct 13, 2021.

1. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Since you can't see the greatness let me sum it up for you. Under Breland Wilder is 41-1-1 with 41KOs. New Trainer he is 0-1.

I'd say he earned his pay with the situation he was in.

Jackomano, ForemanJab and gmurphy like this.
  2. lobk

Jul 19, 2004
    OK dude. If a person calls you a cheating liar you should just walk away. Got it. You shouldn't be a man and have a say at all. Had Wilder fired him and said he is a terrible trainer that couldn't motivate me and Breland came out and try to defend that, I would be all over him. But that isn't what happened. So yes, We absolutely agree to disagree on this matter.

3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Well, which is it? Is Breland a good trainer or was Wilder just a natural talent who didn't listen to him?

By the long line of NO boxers who Breland has signed up and trained over the last 13 years, and Breland's admission Wilder didn't listen to him, I think we all know the answer.

4. lobk

Jul 19, 2004
    Trainer of the year !!

5. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Your some ****ing scumbag, you sound like you wanted to see wilder killed more than anyone here

Safin likes this.
  6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
  7. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    EXACTLY the same as Wilder's as a fighter.

8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    You don't even believe that. That's like crediting Nate Jones with Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s success. Or Roy Foreman for George's.

Breland was a six-figures-a-year assistant "trainer" who collected a check. At least Nate put on the vest and let Floyd punch him round after round, day after day, for years. Freddie Roach has had Parkinson's for 30 years and still does that. Breland didn't even do that. Mark Breland admitted he didn't even have Deontay Wilder's phone number the last YEARS he worked with him when Wilder fought his biggest matches. Breland was the definition of a "hanger-on."

Here is Mark 'Does Everyone Have Deontay's Phone Number But Me' Breland FOUR YEARS AGO in 2017 when Wilder was training for the Stiverne rematch at the end of his third year as WBC champ.

Breland was asked very basic training questions. This is how your "great" trainer answered them.

You want to know why Mark Breland doesn't have a job, why no one other professional fighter in the last 13 years has EVER hired Breland as a trainer ... this is a clear example of why.

How this guy had a job as long as he did, I have no idea. Clearly, he just kept his head down and milked his Mark Breland "Olympian" rep. He offers nothing.

He was an "assistant trainer" to ONE guy. It's not like they asked him questions about one of a 100 boxers scurrying around a gym.

It appears the interviewer clearly likes Breland at the start, is surprised that Breland wasn't offering anything while watching Wilder train, and then kind of loses some respect for him after just two-and-a-half minute interview.

It's one example of why everyone says Mark is a 'great' guy ... but don't want to hire him.

This content is protected

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  9. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    Clearly not because he refused to shake his hand or embrace.

10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    So you left out Brelands currently role with Charlo?

11. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Charlo: “Mark Breland is not training me. He’s very close friends with my trainer."

12. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    Well i read different

Its pretty irrelevant tbh

Wilder fights are always a good watch but i saw nothing new under Scott

Just a plan that went out the window when he got tagged

Jackomano and N17 like this.
  13. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    You read different? Read the post from Charlo. He's the fighter.

And it's not irrelevent. He's only had one boxer. He offered no input. Didn't even have his phone number. Collected big checks.

People act like he's freaking Ray Arcel, Eddie Futch or Emanuel Steward. Boxers hired and fired them, too. And they were actually great at what they did.

14. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    I just acknowledged it didn't i?

N17 likes this.
  15. Wizbit1013

Mar 17, 2018
    So similar to Scott?

Ask yourself why he didn't have his number?