Brewster would beat all the other champions

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jack, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    I really believe he is probably the fourth best heavyweight out there, behind Wlad, Vitali and Sam Peter. Neither Maskaev, Chagaev or Ibragimov would beat him I don't think.

I hope if he does lose tonight his career doesn't end as a top fighter. If he had gotten the chace to fight one of he other titlists, he'd be waking up tommorow as the world champion.

2. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    I'd give Brewster a 50% chance of beating either Chagaev or Ibragimov, maybe even a bit less. I think he has more like a 75% chance vs. Maskaev due to styles...............Oleg never has been too solid on defense.

3. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I think Brewster wouldn't stand a chance against Chagaev.
    Chagaev is iron-chined, much more skilled, a great counter puncher.

Chagaev by UD (118:110)

4. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    You could be right since I've only seen Chagaev fight twice, once vs. Ruiz & once vs. Valuev.

5. ChampionsForever

ChampionsForever ESB VIP

Dec 3, 2004
  6. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
    I am not in the possition to say if he beats Chagaev, because Chagaev has got heart and chin.. but Sultan would get bombed away. Maskaev would also most likely get bombed away, in fact.. McCall, Peter and Chagaev are the ones that have best chance of beating Lamon.

7. Cookie

Cookie Active Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2005
    I think he's a top 10 guy. He'll always be a decent fighter that, if he can get it right on the night, will cause problems for anyone. But he's certainly beatable. All of the champs could possibly beat him. I think the likes of Brock, Skelton, Rahman, and Valuev would have a chance too. Obviously Liakhovich already did.

I definitely wouldn't make him a big favourite against the other champs like this thread suggests.

8. MrMagic

MrMagic VIP Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2004
    There you are wrong mate, he will face off against the winner of Chagaev/Ibragimov, and if he wins there then he's the undisputed and can retire as a true champ :happy

9. Fat Tony

Fat Tony Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    I was disappointed by Chagaev's performance against Sprott. It was an even fight before Chagaev KO'ed him in the 8th (?) round.

Therefore I put my money on Ruiz and Valuev to prevail against Chagaev - and lost. I'll NEVER bet against him again.

10. DoumB

DoumB HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT Full Member

Sep 18, 2006
    chagaev and Iggy would beat him IMO, hes too one dimentional and maybe he could beat maskaev

11. KobeIsGod

KobeIsGod Who Necks?!? Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Brewster has the most heart of any current hw. His power and chin always give him a chance. He starches Iggy and probably Oleg. Ruslan seems to have a solid chin and is active but hasn't faced a puncher like Lamon 50-50 imo. I'd love to see him go at it w/Peter.

That being said, if he pulls it out today w/the odds completely stacked against him, Brewster is the man.

12. Irish Steel

Irish Steel Active Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Wlad is going to beat him into retirement.