Briedis is a cheater. Dorticos will RETIRE him.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Breidis to win the tourney

Can we get LHW going next please Kallle u crackhead

2. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Ive watched the fight and cant see the problem, Breidis was fouled first, punches to the back of the head are not allowed, we've seen fighters careers ruined because of it and some left in a bed..That elbow was payback

CST80 and Dario Argento like this.
  3. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Briedis vs Glowacki should be a no contest imo. I don't know how they can consider that a legitimate fight. It looked like a WWE "fight" with the customary clueless deaf, dumb and blind ref. All that was missing was the hottie with the big boobs pulling Glowacki's feet from under him while her accomplice stepped into the ring to knock out the ref with a chair.

4. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Yeah. And suddenly the WBC withdrawal from the tournament doesn’t look like a wrong decision at all…

jhar26 likes this.
  5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Breidis looked good last night, but his last two showings have been poor. But he's such a cheat!

Now, people might cite a shoulder injury, but I believe that the war with Usyk has took something out of him (similar to AJ/Wlad).

Dorticos is too predictable and hittable for Breidis, providing both are on their best form.

I think Gassiev takes Breidis out. But Dorticos/Breidis is a true fight fans dream!

6. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
  7. Kingmaffe

Kingmaffe Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Yeah, fans of boxing can be weird. Some of those who call Briedis a “cheater” are the same people who hail Ward as a master boxer and criticized Kovalev for “not taking matters into his own hands”.

CasualFan and Serge like this.
  8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yeah when someone fouls you you're supposed to foul them right back and if you don't you're mentally weak and a female dog, or at least that's what I've been told lol

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The rabbit punch was out of order as was Briedis' retaliatory elbow but it obviously angered the Latvian a great deal and he saw red mist for a split second and lashed out with the elbow. As for the rest of the controversy. Well that's down to the ref who was absolutely appalling last night.

1. Glowacki should've been given time to recover after the elbow even though he was milking it

2. The ref should've dived to separate them as soon as the bell rang. Granted Briedis draws big at home and his home crowd are very raucous as were the Poles in attendance too so he might not have heard it. However, he absolutely should've given Glowacki 5 minutes to recover after screwing that up.

3. The final has to be on neutral turf

Ultimately Briedis was going to KO Glowacki regardless but Byrd screwed things up royally

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  10. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Just watched the fight. Those kind of rabbit punches happen all the time, you can’t hold your opponent, bend over and not expect to be hit to the back of the head. The ref only signalled to break as Glowacki was throwing the punch. Does Breidis really expect his opponent to stop throwing punches because he clinched, bent his head down and turned his back slightly? That’s not how a fight works.

On the other hand a deliberate MMA style elbow to the chin (a cheapshot on the break no less) is absolutely and without question an instant DQ.

Not impressed with any of these guys from laset nights semis though. They get eaten alive at HW.

minemax likes this.
  11. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Ward is a master boxer though, levels above a solid but unspectacular guy like Breidis.

Both Froch and Kovalev hit him multiple times to the back of the head, he never retaliated with anything close to a cheapshot elbow to the face. I suspect it’s you with the double standards here.

12. Kingmaffe

Kingmaffe Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2017
    First of all, Briedis is far from just a “solid guy”. He gave Usyk all he could handle and forced every bit of skill and determination out of arguably the best P4P fighter in the world.

As for Ward, he certainly is a master boxer, but he is also very dirty fighter. It is part of what makes him a master, his ability to make things ugly and “his game”, while still doing it under the radar of the ref. Against Kessler it was the headbutts, with Kovalev II it was the slightly too low body shots, the wrestling against Bika etc.

I’m not a fan of it. I can admire his desire to win and ability to make adjustments, but still he is an ugly fighter.

13. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Why is he a cheater? The skinhead hit him with a rabbit punch and he retaliated with an elbow.
    It's much better then when Kovalev got hit in the balls and instead of retaliating he kept fighting straight.

Luis Fernando likes this.
  14. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Dorticos has a puncher's chance in this fight and that's it. Too bad for him Briedis can punch as well.

15. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Your description of the event is not how it went down. Both fighters were starting to tie up after an exchange; Glowacki then ducked under Briedis's right arm and rose up, putting him off balance, span him around and clubbed him blatantly in the back of the head. It was a very deliberate and dangerous foul, especially since the fighter in question is in a bad position to defend against it short of putting their glove behind their head, which Briedis did. Regardless of whether the ref had signalled a break or not you don't hit your opponent in that sort of compromised position unless you're trying to get in a cheap shot, same as you wouldn't hit a downed fighter who'd slipped on the ring canvas just because the ref hasn't stepped in at that point.

As for the severity of the respective fouls, Sam Peter hit Wlad repeatedly with the same type of shots Glowacki used and it resulted in two illegal knockdowns that nearly cost Wlad the fight, so forgive me if I have zero sympathy for the Polish fighter getting a bit of his own medicine back.

guncho and Up the gut like this.