British and Irish Boxing Authority (BIBA)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by boxingcrazy, Sep 27, 2016.

1. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Who are these guys?:thinking::thinking:

noticed that gianluca di caro is part of this outfit and he was the one trying to establish the malta boxing with the old wbu titles fights etc:thinking::thinking:

are these guys genuine contenders against the bbboc or just another dodgy outfit?:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

2. blueseaofibrox

blueseaofibrox Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2015

3. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010

Just another white collar outfit? they speak like they are proper professional boxers :roflmao:

4. fortysixando

fortysixando Active Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2011
    There's a few lads from my town fight under them.they walk round telling everyone there pro boxers pmsl

5. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    It is basically ex pros who have lost there licence and white collar fighters, I suppose they are pro boxers but only recognised by there own organisation

6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    These are the 'authority' sanctioning the Nigel benn fight. Anyone know any more about them?

7. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    What is their jurisdiction? If I phoned Nige* and said come round to mine and you can fight that lad in my back yard**, would it be the same?

* I don't have his number
    ** It's a small back yard

8. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    It seems it's like everything else in boxing, people just make it up as they go along depending on what makes them the most money. See the various alphabet sanctioning bodies...

9. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
  10. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    Am going to do them a new logo. It looks like it belongs on a nuclear sub from the 50's.

Holler likes this.
  11. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    It’s the old Malta commission.

12. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hypothetical question, that maybe somebody more informed than me could answer: What would happen if there was a serious injury or fatality in a BIBA sanctioned fight? Would it be treated the same way as a licensed fight, i.e an accident in a sport? Or would this be a criminal case/unlawful? What separates a BIBA sanctioned/white collar fight and a BBBoC fight? Are the BBBoC recognised by the government perhaps?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  13. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    White collar outfit -- but trying to say it is pro boxing. I've no problem with white collar / non-pro boxing but dont call it pro boxing...

14. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Exactly this, ex pros and white collar fighters.

15. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    It is technically pro boxing. We have the bbbc and biba, both technically do the same thing. Suppose it’s like the farts with the 2 different organisations.

Biba is a joke but sometimes it’s the only route left/open to some boxers. Scot Harrison return fight last year was meant to be with biba but he pulled out in the hope of getting his Bbbc one back