'British Beef' card announced

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Kloppbjs

Kloppbjs Member banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2017
    This AJ/Hearn situation is really intriguing.Okolie and Buatsi have said they admire the way Joshua was a Olympian like them and now Commercialy is a huge success.Maybe it is AJ Bxing handling Commercial side of things and Opponents.Matchroom doing the Promotion and the Platform.But Eddie is the one who comes across as AJ's *****.Someone just made a excellent post,the original plan was Wilder-Whyte(PPV) in February with Okolie-Chamberlin as Co Main event it has failed miserably.Joshua-Parker is still dragging out aswell.

2. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    You’re talking utter nonsense and clearly aren’t reading what I’ve said.

I’ve said IF this sells more than 6000 then it’s a huge success. Proves the pulling power of Hearn/Matchroom/Sky. If they can sell more for this than “The boys are back in town”.

And if you would’ve read my posts you will see I said it needs a headliner. I don’t think Okolie - Chamberlain should be headlining the o2. Just like I think Tete shouldn’t be headlining Warrens next bill.

3. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Hi Frank

Scyson likes this.
  4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I doubt they will open the whole Arena.

Jones is a big step up for Cheeseman. He made Margarito quit in his last fight. Has already upset Brook, Rose and Hall.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Whether you think I’m frank or not the fact is everything I’ve said is true

6. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Chamberlain is gonna expose Okolie big time.

7. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I don’t really get all this expose talk. Yeah he’s definitely got flaws in his game, he’s a 7 fight novice, he’s not masquerading pretending to be otherwise. It’s not a career ender if he loses.

Like Cheeseman it’s a step up for him. I really like Chamberlain too so it’s a very interesting fight and a decent card all round (that shouldn’t be at the o2!)

Dragon Punch and lewis gassed like this.
  8. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Going by Hearn's latest ifl interview AJ has had a role in matchroom promotions for while now.

9. bangbangbeef

bangbangbeef New Member Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Weird innit. We never got told until now? Suddenly its Eddie and Josh's Matchroom promotions
    Looks like Josh has got him by the balls, to be honest

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Jeez, I just caught up with the press Conference videos from today...the situation for Hearn is worse then I thought.

AJ is now co promoting with matchroom! Fecking hell I thought AJ was just rogering Eddie, but he’s also got Barry and the whole of the company by the nuts.

11. Threetime no1

Threetime no1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 29, 2010
    British Beef! Did Eddy Hearn let Kugan Cassius name this card?

12. Grime Rockstar

Grime Rockstar Member banned Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    People saying Chamberlain will expose him. Have you actually seen Chamberlain.. he's a poor fighter himself I highly doubymt he's good enough to be the man to expose Okolie. It'll probably be someone like Matty Askin.

13. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    The way okolie fights it could be any fighter that can actually counter punch his wide open for the perfect counter

14. Grime Rockstar

Grime Rockstar Member banned Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Spencer Fearon will be promoting this fight like it's the fight of the decade lol!

15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    God, I can picture him now. **** in one hand, printed out Boxrec list of historical fighters in the second hand and a pint of child's blood in his third, the big ****ing mutant casual *******

Grime Rockstar and Howitzer1888 like this.