'British Beef' card announced

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Vip sold out
    Level 4 £40 sold out
    £60 tickets sold out

Floor £100 still available
    Level 1 £40 still available

Doesn't seem to have sold too bad with over 30 days remaining.

2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Hope Eddie adds to the card especially now O'Hara's been ditched.

3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Cheeseman co-headlining on British Beef?

You people are absolutely ridiculous. I'm glad we decolonized ourselves.

4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Sounds positive.

Are they opening the entire arena which is about 17k or has it been set up for something smaller?

It Would also be interesting to know how many tickets the venue had to sell and how many are out with fighters although obviously it’s probably impossible to find out.

5. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    A fair point but at least the two main fights will be competitive unlike the Frank Warren card the following week! Surely Narvaez is done at 42 and the rest up against the usual TBA's.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  6. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I looked at availability and judging by that there must be some sections cordoned off! If not it’s looking like 13k+!

7. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think they will sell around 6000 tickets for this bill and if they do it's been well promoted tbh.

8. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Upper tier closed.

9. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    That makes sense then.

10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Since Donaire, his only loss has been to Inoue. Plus he looked decent against Popatov, making the much younger man quit after 7. Obviously he physically won't be as capable as he once was but he looked very capable in his last outing.

Co-headline will be Yarde, who is up against TBA for now but as I mentioned elsewhere the rumour seems to be Karo Murat which would be a decent fight. I'm hoping for Skeete to be in a decent fight too but I'm not holding my breath

pow likes this.
  11. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I was meant to box Cheeseman in the amatuers when we were both 14 but they rearranged the quarter final and my county didn't fight his in the end. Glad I didn't, he'd have eaten me alive.

Tough fight this and they need to be careful - can't think of the name now but they stepped up another green kid against Carson (last year I think?) and he got stopped.

12. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Okolie, cheeseman and bellotti are all in very competitive fights, can see chamberlain and jones winning no problem

13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Was it Ben Hall? I remember betting on that. Free money. I think Cheeseman looks a lot better though

Oneirokritis and Bensub like this.
  14. pow

Apr 26, 2014
    He has also taken out Kell Brook and Brian Rose and recently got robbed in Mexico against Margarito who he was on the verge of stopping. Will certainly be having a nibble if the odds are in Cheeseman favour.

One of boxing's true road warriors.

15. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Yeah it was. I remember Hall looking decent early doors but Carson caught up with him before long. I agre Cheeseman looks better, depends how well his other fights have prepared him though.

Yeah I agree, it's strange why matchroom keep using him given what he's done to some of their fighters. I've not seen any odds yet but I'll be watching with interest.

Oneirokritis likes this.