British boxing robberies, suspect judging and ref watch compendium

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Nov 26, 2019.

1. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Didnt think I would ever actually say this but Tyan Booth hits the nail on the head here.

"Eddie Hearn shouldn't take Judges to Nando's and wine and dine them".

This content is protected

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    velagod and destruction like this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    They probably receive a Rolex Submariner or Rolex Milgauss in the post too.

Serious luxury goods change hands. This is FIFA level ****.

pow likes this.
  3. Lord Burghley

Lord Burghley I Squeeze Muscles Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    In the last decade dodgy British decisions are becoming more egregious and common. Boxing fans will start seeing boxing matches equal to wrestling matches. But hey go ahead and listen to the bs coming from the hype man/promoter. Why would he lie?

4. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    I disagree. Yes there still are dodgy decisions in British boxing, as well as other issues. But generally the sport is as clean as it ever has been. The Internet helps highlight bad decisions, but also conflates them with genuine 50/50 decisions that could honestly be judged one way or the other.

5. mcguirpa

mcguirpa Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Chisora V Helenius. I was gutted for Chisora that night, totally handed Helenius' arse to him.

ryanm8655 and pow like this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The sport is as clean as it has ever has been - it must have been covered with a mountain of dog poo in the past if that is how you view boxthing today.

We have a pile of PED users allowed to continue boxthing after short bans and the corrupt decisions made by judges continues unabated.

Wizbit1013 and Hattonmad like this.
  7. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Yes, it was and always has been worse. This is the first generation of fancy that has had some insight into the sport and that disinfection has cleaned it to a degree.

There is significant room for improvement but we have never had it so good.

8. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    It's quite bad today, but in the past there hardly were PED tests while they obviously took piles of it (Miller style), and bans when caught anyway were often like 3 months or none at all.
    Then I remember fight scores that were downright ridiculous when fighting in someones backyard or a big name. The US, UK, Germany, France, Italy... all extremely bad and pointing to eachother for how bad the other countries are. You basically had to knock your opponent out, because there was hardly any social network thing that brought shame to them.

9. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I personally think the BBBOC needs to reform and needs some fresh blood. It’s clearly a bit of an old boys club.

10. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Last night we got a double bubble with the ref and judging!

Richard Riakporhe bt Jack Massey UD 115-113 x2 117-111 Robert Williams
    Ref was Phil Edwards - gave Riakporhe at least 3 "Final warnings" and a number of other warnings - no point off.

Wizbit1013 and pow like this.
  11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Plus awards a knockdown that wasn’t a knockdown in a round Massey won. 3 point swing and Massey wins the fight.

12. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I think we can state with clarity that Phil Edwards is on the MR payroll.
    He did the same with Galahad when he fought Warrington. Warned him in the 1st rd for holding then never mentioned it again, altho Galahad was holding his way through the fight
    Last night tho, that was another level of helping the MR fighter cheat his way to a win. How many times do you warn someone ffs

pow and Twentyman like this.