British Fans : Annoying

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Jason997, Jun 23, 2007.

1. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    That band is a very famous band in the uk. They are the offical England supporters band.

I still remember them in Rome playing "its self preservation society" when we drew 0-0 withh Italy to go to France 98. Brilliant.

Barmy Army Barmy Army Barmy Army

Lets see if Cotto Mayweather or De La Hoya could take 10,000 of their fans to the UK or anywhere else (even a neutral venue)

2. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    They were most likely very very drunk so i don't think we should take them too seriously, what i wan't to know is why did the cameras constantly switch to a bunch of flag wearing (yes wearing) oddballs in the crowd?

3. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Bit like the way you cheer for Tarver, creating threads everyday about the same old **** is hardly better than drunken singing now is it?

4. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    yeah that's right.

there sheffield wednesday fans i believe. :yep

i've been to quite a few england games over the last few years and they always get the songs started when a game has gone a bit quiet. :yep

5. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    what twas more criminal was the lack of gratuitous shots of Rooney and MAB on Hattons ring walk. I saw more of JCC Jnr than the greats with the hitman

6. langshof

langshof Member Full Member

Dec 16, 2006
    This is called fan culture.
    It must be hard for the brits to take criticism seriously when it comes from people, who live in a country where it's concidered support to be wearing a cheese hat to an American football game. (wtf is up with that?)
    :huh

7. the_what

the_what Bolo Punch KO Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    I loved it. It creates a great atmosphere. Know doubt it has an affect on Hatton's opponents.

8. Efil4zaggin

Efil4zaggin Fistfull of vCash Full Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I'm totally non plussed as how this could be so annoying :think It's just the way we do things in the uk, I thought it was superb, deffo gives good atmosphere and helps hatton too

9. Clearly Cool

Clearly Cool Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2007
    As long as I can still see the action, the louder the better. All the noise makes it seem like a more important event and sets a good atmosphere.

10. Anthony Farnell

Anthony Farnell Not the REAL Farnell! Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I was thinking the same.
    Maybe some don't like different types of fans.
    I thought our fans were great too.
    Made the occasion better :smoke

11. the_what

the_what Bolo Punch KO Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Imagince Cotto fans and Hatton fans in the same arena at Madison Square Garden. That would be ****ing sweet.

12. Anthony Farnell

Anthony Farnell Not the REAL Farnell! Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    It would be ****ing electric :shock:
    I really want that fight now :lol::D

13. C Money

C Money Paul McCloskey Full Member

Feb 8, 2007
    Not a damn thing wrong with cheering:good

Culture is CUlture and American fans do have their own customs and SOME of them CHEER or CHANT as WELL.:yep :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep

Welcome to the WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS:lol:

14. Thor

Thor ESB's King of Cool Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    :good He seems to be a Winky fan so I have a feeling he'll be doing the same at the Hopkins fight.

15. chinachin_76

chinachin_76 Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2006
    British fans are better boxing fans than Americans. Like it or not it's the truth. They chant louder and create a far greater atmosphere.