British P4P top 10

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Distrikt45, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    1. Degale
    2. Fury
    3. Brook
    4. Frampton
    5. BJS
    6. Groves
    7. McDonnell
    8. Joshua
    9. CEJ
    10. Quigg

Just off the top of my head, tbh British P4P isn't something I've ever thought about.

2. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012

Quite surprised at peoples reaction to khan being included in a britains top ten p4p. I m not his biggest fan by a long shot. Irritates the life out of me. And as a fighter has glaring weaknesses.

But he does have some level of talent. Hes a better fighter than say quigg...crolla...i d go as far to say bjs. I think khans in danger of being underated on here nowadays.

Again it depends whats important to you on a p4p list if recent form ie wins against decent opposition is your top category or not. If it is you could make a very good case of him not being in it. But brooks is 2nd and yet recent forms been beating frankie gavin and getting stopped against golovkin in the 5th. It would be hard to make a case for him over say degale.

If your judging the list mainly based off attributes/ability first and foremost i think khan should be in it personally. Better than quigg...mcdonell...bjs...crolla for me.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Ah, go on then.

1. Fury
    2. Brook
    3. Frampton
    4. DeGale
    5. Joshua
    6. BJS
    7. Selby
    8. CEJ
    9. Khan
    10. Quigg

Follow-up question. How many on your list do you think we've seen enough of to confidently say how good they are?

For me I think I can only say it about Amir Khan. After that perhaps Fury and Quigg. The rest I think could have levels we haven't seen yet. Same goes for Groves but I have my doubts about him putting it all together when he needs to.

4. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Anyone that has Eubank jnr in the top 10 needs a ban from here. Not beat anyone above European level.

5. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Seeing as Fury is off the scene, how people can have anyone other than Frampton as clear no.1 is beyond me. DeGale no.2 but he hasn't beaten the calibre of opponent that Frampton has.

6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Is the whole p4p thing based just on who you ve beat tho? Framptons beat santa cruz and joshuas only beat whyte and molina so framptons automatically the better fighter.

I dont really see the point in a p4p list like that. Its basically just current form.

7. Izaak97

Izaak97 Active Member Full Member

May 9, 2012
    1. Frampton
    2. Brook
    3. Degale
    4. Joshua
    5. Khan
    6. McDonnell
    7. Haye
    8. Groves
    9. Saunders
    10. Selby

8. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    1 Carl Frampton
    2 Kell Brook
    3 Jamie Mcdonnell
    4 James Degale
    5 Billy Joe Saunders
    6 Lee Selby
    7 Terry Flanagan
    8 Tony Bellew
    8 Scott Quigg
    9 Anthony Joshua
    10 Anthony Crolla
    11 David Haye
    12 Ricky Burns
    13 Nathan Cleverly
    14 Lee Haskins
    15 Kal Yafai
    16 George Groves
    17 Callum Smith
    18 Chris Eubank Jr
    19 Josh Warrington
    20 Liam Walsh

Khan doesn't even deserve to be in the top 20!

9. Izaak97

Izaak97 Active Member Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Hahaha are you joking the guys beat Maidana, Collazo, Judah and other big names. I don't know how it would be possible for him not to be top 10. People you've listed there like Walsh, Eubank Jr, Warrington etc. have never even beaten anyone above Euro level so I don't really understand how you've made that judgement.

10. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    cmon man .....!. the Uk has loads of current world champions and undefeated top prospects

Khan hasn't won a world title fight for like 6 years... his world title reign was a long time ago and quite short and forgettable.. if khans in the ls inthen Maccirinelli and Junior Witter should be too..

Collazo was well past his best and coming back from retirement , Judah was too and that win and the Maidana win was a very long time ago!

Since his back to back losses to Peterson and Garcia what has he done? He's just been very inactive, cherrypicked feather fisted opponents and past it names... and even struggled in a couple of them and got dropped. Then got destroyed by Alvarez.

11. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    there must have been 20-30 world champions from the UK since Khan was a world champion

His losses to peterson, Garcia, and alvarez and inactivity and no good wins in recent years... doesn't drop him out of this list to some people on here, very strange!

12. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    :deal::lol::lol::lol::deal: I find it hard to believe how hes in the top 10! some people have him in the same position they had him all them years ago when he was world champ, its like nothings happened since to them. Maybe Khan is paying the BBC to put him in. I don't know but its very very strange.. There's absolutely no way he deserves to be in the current top 10, It's embarassing to British boxing with the amount of top fighters we have.

13. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    I wouldn't get too hung up about Khan being in some lists. It says more about the amount of unproven fighters in Britain than Amir himself.

Just the skills he showed against Devon Alexander and Chris Algieri is more impressive than what we've seen from a lot of them.

I expect Khan to quickly drop in my list in 2017, but we need to see our fighters in with some decent opposition first.

14. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    Alexander lost his next fight to some bum, Algieri got destroyed by Spence.. They weren't top welterweights. Khan doesn't have 1 win over a top welterweight.

REcent wins likes Bellew > Makabu, Groves> Murray, Crolla > Barroso, Yafai > Conception, Cleverly> Braemher, Should see them surpass Khan on this list.. hes done nothing for years,

15. Champagne Popping

Dec 15, 2016
    Khan having 3 KO losses, 4 losses in total, more than anyone n the list.. means nothingt o you does it lol

To have him above world champs like Saunders, Mcdonnell, Selby is unbelievable, You are either biased cause your a fanboy or you are thick as ****.