British Top 10

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by LD Boxer-Puncher, Nov 11, 2017.

1. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    Interested in what people think now with a few Brits getting big wins recently.

I'll start it off:

1. Anthony Joshua
    2. James DeGale
    3. Carl Frampton
    4. Terry Flanagan
    5. Ryan Burnett
    6. George Groves
    7. Kell Brook
    8. Lee Selby
    9. Kal Yafai
    10. Billy Joe Saunders

2. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    What do you mean Few Big wins Recently.AJ went life and death with Klitschko.Frampton lost to Santa Cruz,has found out his closest aids has been piggy banking off him.De Gale lost to Jack again like Frampton marginally.Flanagan nothing Special.Burnett,Agree.Groves,Agree. Brook is finished,shame,Golvokin ended his career,i still dont know to this day why he took the fight.Selby,British Level at best.Yafai,not enough to comment.Saunders we will found out against Lemioux.America is still No1 P4P with their fighters but as i say a small island like the UK should be happy with how we are doing.The Next batch of Boxers are starting to come through aswell.

3. LD Boxer-Puncher

May 10, 2017
    Wow.. You couldn't have made that any harder to read.

What do you mean, what do I mean? Have you not been watching?

Burnett, Joshua (Klitschko is a huge result, have a day off, marginal or not), and Yafai have all had very big/important wins recently. How is that hard to understand?
    Groves to a certain extent has had important wins since his last loss to Jack, after which a lot may have written him off.

As for the Frampton thing, he lost to one of the p4p top guys, and it's no shame, I think when at his best Frampton is possibly Britain's no.1 p4p actually, so the placing of him at 3 I think is a fair enough reflection after his loss to Santa Cruz

I'm not disputing that we have the best boxers at all. I'm simply asking opinions on who the best of the British are at the moment.

lencoreastside likes this.
  4. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Joshua one good win against a 41 year old 2 years out the ring. I fear for uk boxing if he is p4p 1 already.

Odins beard likes this.
  5. Ty577

Aug 13, 2017
    I am typing in English right? By the Way you are Forgetting Frampton is from Ireland,Ireland is not part of Britain,it is part of the UK.I'm not here to teach you about your Geographic Skills but dont say that beacuse the Irish Go mad.The Best/and Flagship Fighter is still Joshua as he is the only UK boxer who is the best in his respective divison.I'd say Joshua,Frampton,Burnett,Groves,De Gale are the cream of the crop.If Fury comes back,he certainly is part of that conversation,so again a Island with as small infastructure and funding compared to other countries is doing really well and overachieving in Boxing when comparing it with the Population,long may it continue,UK BABY.

6. davidmcallister

davidmcallister Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Carl
    Carl Frampton is from Belfast in Northern Ireland and that is to my knowledge part of Britain

LD Boxer-Puncher likes this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I would put BJS a lot higher, Callum Smith and Chris Eubank Jn should be in. Josh Taylor won’t be far off.

8. LD Boxer-Puncher

May 10, 2017
    .....I'm from the same country as Carl Frampton and I follow him... It's called Northern Ireland, not Ireland. I think you'll find it's actually the Northern Irish who will go mad if you call him Irish. I can assure you we are British, and if you ask Carl about it he'll tell you just that.....embarrassing from you

9. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    No one's taking about America hence title Britain's top ten

10. Ty577

Aug 13, 2017
    Yes but i do hear a lot of comments from Brits saying Uk is now the Mecca of Boxing,all British Fighters are better than their American Counterparts when it is far from the truth.Ironically a Brit in Eddie Hearn is trying to rejuvinate American Boxing,US Boxing in Great Shape=Boxing in Great Shape

11. Ty577

Aug 13, 2017
    You lot change your mind when it suits you,Katie Taylor has to be referred to as a Irish boxer because you go mad another example is Conor Mcgregor,the BBC stated he was from the United Kingdom which is true and a conflict nearly erupted on social media.Your British when it suits.

12. davidmcallister

davidmcallister Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2011

You really need some geography lessons mate, both Katie Taylor and Conor McGregor are from Southern Ireland!! It is Northern Ireland that is classed as part of Britain. If you are going to argue a point at least try have the right facts.

Pez, tee_birch, im sparticus and 2 others like this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Just to clarify...

Northern Ireland- British through and through.

moog and LD Boxer-Puncher like this.
  14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Not a bad list overall, but doesn't seem to have much consistency?

Terry Flanagan has fought nobody yet is #4? How is he above people like Kell Brook? Who was most peoples #1 going into the GGG fight.

How are Frampton-Selby and DeGale-Groves so far apart?

BJS wayy too low, Bellew should get a shout and probably Eubank Jr. Josh Taylor not far off.

Kal Yafai may actually be the best we have, he's a big win away from the #1

15. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Why Callum smith?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017