Broken knuckle

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by goku23, Oct 7, 2021.

1. goku23

goku23 Member Full Member

May 28, 2014
    Hello all, I have a break in the 4th knuckle, no displacement or complications just a clean fracture. Doc says 6-8 weeks but wasn’t sure if weight training would be ok after 3-4 weeks. Has anyone had this before and know if you can weight train upper body in a few weeks?
    Thanks

2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    As long as you don't have any pain while doing it, why not? But i think it's pretty hard to get some good weight training in with a broken knuckle. When holding the weights your whole hand is under big pressure and i just don't see that working with a broken knuckle tbh. Never had one though.

3. brayden oakley

brayden oakley Hands Of Stone Full Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Would not recommended it you risk damaging yourself further thus slowing recovery. I broke my clavicle and started to work upper body at 5 weeks and I had no pain but it slowed my recovery exponentially. i know knuckles and collar bones have nothing in common but just what happened to me

4. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    You really need to look at how you broke that knuckle. If you did it by throwing punches your whole way of doing so is way off. I learned this the hard way