Broner-Madaina: Nov, 9 Showtime PPV?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BOGART, Aug 8, 2013.

1. BOGART

BOGART Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Looks like Broner-Madaina may be headed to ppv on Nov 9 at the MGM in Las Vegas.

Thats the first I've heard about that fight being, possibly, on ppv. Thats 4 big ppv cards in a two month span if this does go foward as a ppv.

2. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

Doubt its gonna happen, if by some miracle it does then I'd enjoy Maidana breaking Broner down, has a bit too much pressure for most guys let alone little Adrien

3. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
  4. Sug3

Sug3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Livestream, nobody buying this **** after that performance against feather-fisted malignaggi.

5. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    ppv? they got to be bullshittin.

6. Mr Pibb

Mr Pibb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    shut that dunb shi.t up

Malinaggi was running from a guy with no fights at 140 and ONE at 135.

Blame Pauli.

7. Collie

Collie Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I would be surprised if this was PPV. Especially with it not being long after Mayweather-Canelo and around the time of Pacquaio-Rios and Marquez-Bradley.

8. witschnerd1

witschnerd1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2013
    The ppv and MGM are booked but the fights have not been announced yet. There will be a showtime ppv on the 9th but that is all that GBP will tell anyone yet.

9. BOGART

BOGART Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004

If you start with Mayweather-Alvarez and end with Pac-Rios thats already 3 ppvs in just over 2 months, adding Bradley-JMM.

Schaefer says he has MGM on hold for Nov 9 and its being slotted for a ppv. Broner-Madaina is the leading fight for that show.

I'd be a bit surprised if this goes to ppv with so many other big shows going on at the same time but Schaeffer says he's going ahead with one so we'll see.

10. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The PPV is going to bomb if they put it on there. Broner isn't a star yet, as much as he likes to pretend hes one. Put that with the fact people will have already shelled out some recent money for fights, with the Pac one at the end of that month as well and it spells bad PPV numbers.

Awesome fight though. Hope they make it happen.

11. dodong

dodong >>PACQUIAO Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    this would definitely break the lowest ppv buy ever.

12. Collie

Jun 16, 2012
    It'd need a deep, deep card for this to be justified PPV in my opinion. The likes of Thurman-Guerrero, Alexander-Khan, type co-features.

Does this mean that all/most of Broner's fights will be PPV in the future?

13. dodong

dodong >>PACQUIAO Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    gbp is just trying to get creative in making big fights. i don't think showtime has the budget this year to buy this fight or other fights.

that is why garcia against matthysse are undercards.

14. Sug3

Sug3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2006
    @Mr Pibb, you stfu, paulie wasn't doing much running and he was more active then i ever seen him. Blame broners flat-footed ass.

15. Collie

Jun 16, 2012
    The Mayweather-Canelo fight they will be hoping will go near the PPV record, so they need another very good fight like Garcia-Matthysse to help with that, they know a lot of people won't buy the card for a Mayweather fight alone.