Broner-Madaina: Nov, 9 Showtime PPV?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BOGART, Aug 8, 2013.

1. witschnerd1

witschnerd1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2013
    The fight only costs the network money if they pay more than they get back in sells. They can AFFORD a ppv every week if the fans show up to buy it.
    The garcia undercard is not to sell ppv buys. It is to give GBP the street credit for puuting good fights together for ppv so they CAN do ppv events more often.
    Also GBP and Showtime would love to make a great ppv 2 weeks before the Pac vs rios fight and steal some buys from Top rank and HBO.
    The promoters and networks are in a war for ppv buys and we the fans are reaping the benefits.

2. Undisputed P4P

Undisputed P4P esb FBL & FIFA 12 champ Full Member

Apr 24, 2008
    There'll be a crazy undercard to make it all worth it.

3. Rico Spadafora

Rico Spadafora Master of Chins Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    won't sell 100k ppv buys. :lol:

4. Paulie ran? You're a diehard Broner fan aren't you? Lol

5. witschnerd1

witschnerd1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Not sure what it would sell but most likely it would be a relative small guaranteed purse with the fighters getting bonus based on sells.
    Happens all the time.

6. Mr Pibb

Mr Pibb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2013
    So Paulie went toe to toe with Broner?

I never knew Malinaggi had so many stans.

7. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Broner better step up his work rate offensively in this fight. He was able to just stand right in front of Paulie and take his feather-fisted shots, but he won't be able to do that against someone with Marcos' power.

That being said, Maidana has a hard time with slick boxers and those that have superior technical ability, so I'd favor Broner in this fight. But he'll have to use his footwork a lot more than he did in his last fight, and more importantly, he'll have to increase his overall workrate/amount of punches he throws per round.

8. I didn't know boxing was running. I don't even think Adrian REALLY hurt Paulie

Let me ask you something, will Broner be p4p number 1 when Floyd retires?

9. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

You say Broner has to use more footwork, he has to use a hell of a LOT more footwork, but remember the last time he really did that was against super featherweights like Eloy Perez.

Marcos Maidana is not a super featherweight and he will not put on the pressure of one, he will put on the pressure of a strong knockout punching Welter, I don't think Broner can handle that, and he can't affored to sit on the inside and brawl, so he's between Schylla and Charybdis in my mind

10. dodong

dodong >>PACQUIAO Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    really?? i thought hbo and showtime only buy the rights to show a fight and not to take over the whole operation of the fight that is shown for free.

it's like when they bankroll their own original show.

11. Broner needs to work on that shoulder roll too. He doesn't ROLL the punches like Floyd. He just gets punched in the F'in arm :rofl

Put him in with a punched and it will be like Ghost vs Berto :deal

12. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

He couldn't even use it effectively against Rodriguez, he ended up just swinging for him, and Gavin Rees exploited his defence a lot too, Paulie was just big and fit enough to keep it up for 12 rounds, finishing off where Rees, De Leon and Quintero began, although I did think Broner took it by a few rounds against Malignaggi

13. Exactly. The 5'3 Gavin Rees! Managed to tag Broner

He has talent but wont be ELITE. Cant wait until he is exposed.

14. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Not a PPV:patsch
    :smoke

15. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Broner headlining a PPV card?You have to be joking.:nut