Broner never had any elite talent

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stallion, Feb 22, 2021.

1. northpaw

northpaw Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Point to where I said he was elite......................I'll wait.............
    elite attributes =/= elite. As a matter of fact.....

I've gone out of my way in the past to distinguish that he's not elite.............
    Don't attempt to indict me regarding something I've never said or suggested.

2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    You did say he had elite skills. So, that is why I thought you were trying to make a point about Broner being an elite.

As far as having elite attributes and being elite goes. There is a big difference between the 2. I feel if you don't have the mentality, you can have all the talent in the world, but you will get knocked all over the ring. It takes more than the physical to be elite. Broner had very good skills, but they failed him when he stepped up his level of opposition. Elite fighters are Manny, Mayweather, Loma. I just cannot put Broner in that group.

3. mark ant

mark ant Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Loma is more skilled than Broner and Linares lifted his game v Loma who was fighting with an injured shoulder, no way would Broner throw the amount of shots at Loma than Linares threw in his fight v Loma and if he did he`d get countered to death, he looked awful and negative against the southpaw Manny.

4. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Agreed. He was good but never elite. They did a Brilliant PR job making people believe he was truth. Also the matchmaking was brilliant. Some flashes of hand speed and a big mouth did him good. Shame he didn't have the brain to keep his $$. I have to say he has a chin on him, he eats a ton of punches.

5. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    he had genuine ability, but he also had the brain of a peanut.
    point a camera at the man and he turned into a muppet.