Broner Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Philly161, Aug 15, 2022.

1. shadowuppercut

shadowuppercut New Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2022
    Now that it's acceptable for fighters to have feelings there'll be more sharing like this. It really makes you appreciate guys like Errol Spence Jr.. Dude was thrown from a car at high speed, the footage was crazy. A lot of people thought he died.
    But then he woke up. Turned things around. Doubled down on his discipline and took a tough fight against Dnny Garcia, right off the accident.
    It's a real testament to the strength of an individual to do get in the ring, but in light of all the stuff some of these guys have to deal with in their personal lives, it's a miracle we've been getting the fights we've been getting.

2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Swerved Pac by faking an eye injury because he was having a bad camp and struggling with his weight.

3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    You know, a lot of boxers "cry poor." Fans often hold fundraisers and events to raise money for destitute boxers. It happens.

When I was younger, I felt for them.

But this generation of belt holders have been very well paid. The PBC champs all made millions.

And a few years ago, when Broner was recording himself having sex with prostitutes, throwing tens of thousands around at strip clubs "making it rain" and in one video in particular burning money (lighting it on fire) saying he didn't care because he was going to make billions...

I said this piece of crap better not cry poor one day and ask people to help him out financially.

So, if he's broke, too damn bad. Seriously.

Fight or don't.

MetalLicker likes this.
  4. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Whatever happened there was definitely strange & having found out that Pacquiao asked for a time extension to readjust his preparation for Ugas but he was instead rejected & then given an opponent (Ugas)who just happened to have his own fight conveniently cancelled at the same said time,

That reinvigorated my thoughts that there was No way Haymon/Floyd PBC would have allowed Pac to go out by defeating 3 of their fighters in their stable, especially how bad that would look upon Haymon & his favourite combo of Floyd/Ellerbe going into the future,

Some had even expected a robbery from the time the Broner fight was signed & we all saw how they split decisioned Pacquiao in the Thurman fight also.

JOKER likes this.
  5. shadowuppercut

Aug 3, 2022
    Faking an eye injury? Didn't he have surgery for a detached retina?

6. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    That's what Spence claimed. No official statement from the surgeon was ever released. Boxing writers who covered this talked to eye surgeons (not the one that operated on Spence).

7. JOKER

Dec 18, 2019
    Very shady. And there was almost nothing coming from the Spence camp in terms training camp clips (aside from Spence getting lit up by a small unknown southpaw). No interviews, no social media, almost nothing.

8. shadowuppercut

Aug 3, 2022
    That is odd. Not the perfect story the history books might recall for future generations, that's for sure. Either way, I figure it's probably easier to talk about trauma on social media than it is to train through that, and fight Danny Garcia. Props to The Truth!

9. box33

Jul 25, 2021
    I know right, there's so much out there about that whole situation & i remember it being discussed here last year,

So many odd instance's around that Pac/Spence matchup & how they were conveniently occurring, perhaps you could cross of some of them but then you would still be left with more questions, eg. how Pacquiao's same sparring partner's ended up at Uga's Camp right away Odd?

Wouldn't put it past any of them, knowing that in the Past Al Haymon was spying & would Pay off guys to Not attend Sparring with Pacquiao around the time he was preparing for Floyd,

Floyd & Ellerbe both confirmed & let out that they both knew all the details about how Bad Pac's camp was transpiring & Manny himself was quoted through Philippines News that their was a leak & that's why Floyd was pulling on his Shoulder repeatedly throughout the fight.

JOKER likes this.
  10. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Perhaps these people confuse stress with mental issues.

11. ZablieJudahnoff

ZablieJudahnoff Charleston White 2024 Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
  12. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Had alot of talent but sadly, didn't live the lifestyle outside of boxing. And was fairly mismanaged. Nonetheless, good luck to him and hope he recovers well.

13. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    That's his problem. He is a man. He has a father already. I like Floyd but he can barely raise his biological children right. What is he going to tell Broner?

14. box33

Jul 25, 2021
    True man.

15. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Broner has lost every bit of good will he had in boxing. I don't think any promoter will want to work with him anymore.

He's been acting like a brat since the virtual press conference. I'm not surprised he pull out. He probably think this event is beneath him.