Brook v Khan - Who is the A side?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nicksp1976, May 7, 2018.

1. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Khan has come out today saying he wants to fight on the same card as Brook and he is the bigger name and will sell more tickets. Do people think that is the case?
    Personally I think Khan has been running from Brook for years and I see Brook KO Khan with a devastating chocolate brownie.
    Khan will have a big Muslim following however he has been out of big boxing for a few years now and I think Brook has overtaken him as the biggest name so Amir needs to stop thinking he is great when everyone knows he has the worst chin in boxing.
    Also I can't see either agreeing to be on the same boxing card next time as they will both want to be the main event.
    Khan needs to stop running and stop making excuses and just fight Brook. If he is as good as what he thinks then beating Brook will give him a platform for a World Title challenge but we all know his career will end flat out on the floor with Brook celebrating over him!!!

2. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    I'd say brook, but only just and only because he has been more active lately. Khan is a draw there's no doubt about it.

3. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Its a difficult one...i suppose it really is 50/50.

A few years back i couldn't wait for them to fight...now not so much.

ipitythefool, zulander and Scissors like this.
  4. ozzi

ozzi New Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    it is obviously khan and the fight only gets made if khan gets a bigger slice of the pie (around 60/40), especially if he beats broner before, its cash out time for khan, 2 nice paydays and retire maybe a 3rd depending how brutal these fights are

5. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
  6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I think it’s 50/50. Khan was the A side but his inactivity and Kel’s recent PPV journeys sort of even it up. Kel can turn around now and say he brings the money in too. One thing I’ll say in Khan’s favour is that as soon as his comeback was announced people thought it could’ve been PPV (they were moaning but the suggestion was still there), there was no such suggestions for Brook - Rabchenko.

Potwash likes this.
  7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Khan undercard had recent ticket sellers he did not sell that venue out on his own
    any one thinking that is deluded
    Khan ran to Brooks promoter yep that joke outfit matchroom
    Matchroom as made brook the a side imo

8. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    who in their right mind would suggest khan vs lo greco to be on ppv, especially as the undercard wasn't great

9. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Its Khan still prob always will be. Casuals are the difference between a big fight and a massive one. Both are just as popular as the other within the boxing world everyone knows who they are. However amongst the casuals its Khan.

When it comes to boxing casuals are the difference between a big fight and a massive fight. Its quite clear that to the overall audience and general public included that Khan is the A - Side.

I think the majority of boxing fans would favour Brook, but really wouldnt surprise me if it was the opposite wiht the casuals.

ipitythefool, zfc and Potwash like this.
  10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Nobody suggested it but as soon as it was announced the question was asked multiple times on here “is it going to be on PPV?”

11. phil rowe

Apr 13, 2018
    those people are idiots then, i know there have been some dodgy ppv's but if anyone actually thought that could be ppv needs their head examined

12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    It’s more to do with that’s what’s expected from a Khan fight.

13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
  14. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Khan hasn't held a belt for donkeys years now. Kell is recently dethroned and is/was a ppv fighter...

Interest has waned a little for this matchup being held off so long, both approaching the final hurdle of careers...

Has to be a 50/50

moog likes this.
  15. phil rowe

Apr 13, 2018
    when was the last time a khan fight against an average opponent ppv?