Brook v Khan - Who is the A side?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nicksp1976, May 7, 2018.

1. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Khan is the A-side. He has the bigger profile and following, plus he has accomplished more in the sport. I still think Brook KO's him though.

2. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    A-Side and B-Side has nothing to with who has been in with better opponents, who has won the most recently etc its mainly (but not exclusively) who brings in the more ticket sales/TV viewers and when it comes to the bigger fights this tends to be the casual fan.

There is no arguements about who is the bigger name with the casuals/general public (Khan)

As others have said I think Brook no doubt sparks him in the 2nd half of the fight with Khan ahead on points

3. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Will he interesting negotiations that's for sure. Before we have seen Kell willing to be the B-side to get the fight made. Last time they negotiated though, the splits were a joke.

This time I don't see Kell agreeing to less then 50/50 especially if he is dragged down to 147

Basically the fight should be an equal split.

Scissors likes this.
  4. Peterp

Peterp Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2006
    It's not the big fight it was a few years ago, BUT a good build up will get people excited

5. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Khan is the bigger name ,Brook could walk around most major cites and go unrecognized amongst youre casuals,but without doubt he would have a far bigger LGBT following...50/50 split ,Brook wins by a brutal KO

6. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    And it wasnt

7. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Other than clen boy name khans last ppv fight

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I don't think there is much in it now.

They should just do a 50/50 and be done with it, they will both earn a large sum.

I won't but the PPV though, no way, I'm past caring, it's at least 3 years past it's sell by date for me.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  9. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think it should be 50/50 at minute but I do t believe Khan will take it without getting more. Brook should stick to 50% or tell Khan if it's at 147ib I want 60%, at 150-151ib I want 50% and if you fight me at 154ib you can have 60%. You would see if Khan wants money or victory.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Realistically it's a 50/50 fight now. Khan's career has completely stalled and Brook has been in some big fights in the meantime. However, as Khan has behaved like a diva from day one, and the fact Brook is the only one of the two who actually wants the fight, Khan will get the bigger share.

I don't think that's the big issue here though. 50/50 or 60/40 either way, both guys will make a tonne of money as it's still a mega fight for the casuals. The big issue here is the weight. Khan saying it has to be at 147 is yet another ***** move on his part. Brook would be mad to go below 150. We know Khan is comfortable at 150 so that's where the fight should take place. But there's no doubt Khan is afraid to fight a fit Kell Brook, he's made every excuse under the sun. So the weight will be the sticking point in negotiations IMO.

11. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    My point
    My point was it's now a 50/50split.. Neither are the A side now, really. So it deserves to be a 50/50 split. Was my point, not who's been in with whom.

moog likes this.
  12. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    It should be 50/50 split from the boxing fans point of view. Always should have been. However the casual viewer will be tuning in cos of khan. The casuals will be the difference in this being a decent ppv and a big ppv. Khan is the much more popular fighter with the general public and that's what brings in the money. Therefore if khan brings more viewers hence more money then he will get paid more...that and the fact he will need to be paid more for the privilege of being KO'd!