Brook vs Eubank JR

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Double J, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Someone in Brooks corner needs to get hold of him. He’s made a few notes, he doesn’t need that.

He looked ok tonight because of how bad Khan was. He loses to Eubank in what would be an unbelievably one sided beatdown.

Rayaitch, Astro, djfonti and 3 others like this.
  2. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Eubank doesn't deserve the payday

3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    He,d give eubank a good go especially this version of eubank. As opposed to the higher volume eubank junior pre jones junior.

Footwork offsets eubank. Groves done it and billy joe did it. Eubanks footwork is his achilles heel. He made up for it with volume in the last six against billy joe...but was lost in the first six. He now trys to rely on his boxing skills that hes been learning over the last couple of years...against a guy thats been learning it the last twenty years.

One thing about the ingle style is its pretty difficult to land flush on them. Maybe less so brook...who fights a slightly different way...but you need to come with good firepower to break brook down. The old version of eubank would probably overwhelm him at this point...not sure he can do it trying to box him tho. The way hes been trying to since teaming up with jones.

Maybe eubank did injure his hand against williams...but if he didnt...he couldnt land on him from about 4 rounds. Brooks harder to catch. I,d take brook in that fight at say 158.

murphman22 likes this.
  4. Jason Gordon

Jason Gordon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
  5. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Brook not big enough but there is no way he gets a beat down from eubank jnr. Not saying brook wins but even in defeat it would be very competitive

Guru88 likes this.
  6. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    They are only 2 years apart unbelievably?

7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Brook wouldn't get destroyed but his no MW

8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    He would.

Blah likes this.
  9. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    You really think, the eubank we've seen on late, the one that runs around the ring throwing one or two punches would "destroy" brook?

I personally think he's too big for Kell, but no way in hell does he destroy brook.

That style of fighter, in my opinion wouldn't deserve the payday brook with bring him. Conor Benn is a different kettle of fish, at least he brings it. Eubank is horrible to watch

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    It is a mismatch IMO.

Delighted for Kell last night. He obviously did the weight well as he looked good.

160lb is too much of a push. Eubank would be an extremely physical fight and he would take a beating from 4 rounds onwards.

Hope he doesn’t take it and sees sense. Eubank should be fighting for a title

11. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004

This is the most sensible post on the topic. I’m not an advocate of the fight but it’s not the mismatch it will be painted out to be. Brook has as much business at 147 now as he does at 160 - which is none. His real weight is 154 so this could be probably be a few pounds higher at a catch weight. That in itself would be a struggle for Eubank.

Anyone with a jab and good sense of range (Brook has elite level for both) will give Eubank fits. Size is an issue and I would expect Eubank to come on late cause Brook problems but I wouldn’t be surprised if Brook embarrassed Eubank early - especially as most are giving him no chance. Still I think it’s pathetic that Eubank is going to such lengths to call him out, he’s meant to be going for a World title.

bbjc likes this.
  12. Odell86

Odell86 New Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2021
    Brook won’t take Eubank fight. Be silly if he does IMO. Brook should sail off into the sunset

DramaShow and Astro like this.
  13. Mod-Mania

Mod-Mania Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Don't rate Eubank Jr much at all but he's far too big for Brook.

Scissors and chrisbonnie like this.
  14. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This would be a stupid fight for Brook to take

15. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I do not want to see Eubank Jr. vs Brook.

I want to see Eubank Jr. vs Saunders II in May/June 2022.

Oreet Cha! likes this.