Bruised ribs

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Galboxer, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Galboxer

Galboxer New Member Full Member

May 17, 2010
    In sparring i took some blows to my ribs and after ive had pain in my ribs i think ive bruised them i was just wondering whats the best way for recovery of bruised ribs?

Is it best to stop training all together until i feel no discomfort or continue training through the pain i dont know if training is going to aggrativate it anyone experienced this??

I have had the weekend off but it seems to not be getting better how long does it normally take?

advice please!? :)

SnatchBox likes this.
  2. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

put ice on it, train normally just dont spar

SnatchBox likes this.
  3. pichuchu

pichuchu Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2011
    does it hurt when you throw a punch? because your stretching out your ribcage? if so then yes take a few days off

SnatchBox likes this.
  4. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Self diagnosis is not smart. Go see a professional.

Taking advice on an Internet forum for a physical problem with your body when you don't even know for sure what's wrong is pretty stupid.

boranbkk likes this.
  5. cheech

cheech Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Stop all training for two weeks and after two weeks another two weeks of easy work. During this time focus on a healthy diet so you don't get fast..

6. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    And what made you give this advice?

7. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

ye true but it isnt something serious :/ leaving ice on it will work and obviously if he continues to feel bad pain then yes he should go see a professional

8. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Without being a professional and physicaly examining the guy there's no way in hell you could make this call.

Nothing serious? How did you work this out?

I really don't understand the mentality of "Hmmmm, I'm in pain. I won't go and see a professional that has a clue, instead I'll go to a BOXING forum, say what I think is wrong and ask for people's thoughts and work it out from there!!!!".

Stupidity.

boranbkk likes this.
  9. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

i got bruised in the ribs several times cause i sparred with big guys.. put ice on it and didnt spar for a week and everything would be ok. He said he took a few blows to the ribs and that its bruised, if he felt major pain he would have already gone to a professional instead of writing it on the forum dont you think?

Sphillips and SnatchBox like this.
  10. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

the doctor? i went to him twice once cause of my knuckles and other time for my ribs. He said no need to worry about it and its normal just put ice on it and itll pass soon enough..

SnatchBox likes this.
  11. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

listen u ****in douche bag dont need to be a complete ****in ***** and act all smart. He does what the **** he wants, he posted it up here on the forum and he asked for our advice, i gave my ****in advice so stop bitching about and moaning like an old gran. You can heal in different ways. Im not saying ur wrong but im saying that theres no need to do so. Stop being so annoying jesus christ. Annoying ***gots who always go off topic and say ******ed stuff like

Stupidity.

professional just cause u got a bruised rib, i wonder how much u ***** about when u get a cross to the nose

12. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    You're not him. You had bruised ribs from being punched.... and? This guy may have something completely different wrong with him and you're telling him to carry on training based on what happened to you.

Point is you have no idea what kind of injuries this guy has. He may be bullshiting so he doesn't look like a ***** on the forum, and you're telling him to carry on training.

He may have bruised ribs, but until that's diagnosed by a professional, taking advice off an Internet forum is a stupid idea.

13. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

:patsch :patsch :patsch :patsch :patsch

14. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Act smart? I'm using common sense you ******.

You gave advice based on your past experience. Please tell us exactly what is wrong with this guy, I'd love to know how you know without examining him.

Stop being so annoying and stating facts? I know reality can be annoying and when people pull you up on your stupidity it's annoying but you need to grow up a bit, mate.

A smart fighter would happily go to a doctor when injured, I'd say that's fairly normal. You'll work this out when you grow up.

15. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

:patsch :patsch :patsch
    A Bruised rib is a bruised ****in rib. Theres no difference between person and if u wanna speak common sense to me then obviously if the guy was badly injured hed go seek medical advice but he isnt thats how im examining him. If it was a cracked rib then alright but not a bruised rib, its nothing and is something normal. Dont use my age to make me look stupid. A common cold is a common cold, its the same for everyone.

Edit:
    Enough going off topic, he does whatever he wants. I gave my advice which is what i did and it worked for me.