BT Box Office

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Sonny1, Dec 2, 2018.

1. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Ranello is the king.

The UK equivalent is Mike Costello who is regarded as the absolute master of radio commentary.

Sonny1 and BXNG101 like this.
  2. BritBox

BritBox Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2018
    Saw some Matchroom FC on twitter say: "Eddie Hearn PPV's and Shows are miles better than Frank Warren's shows"

Irony is that it wasn't actually a Frank Warren show!!

And I actually enjoyed the Wilder Fury PPV much more compared to any Matchroom PPV in recent times

Sonny1 likes this.
  3. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Was surprisingly better than Sky's Box Office online service. I've had to get refunds from Sky a couple of times this year, but BT sport worked perfectly, from start to finish. No adverts were a touch as well

Sonny1 likes this.
  4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I have to disagree my partner ordered and paid for it Saturday afternoon ,and it kept saying you cannot record it,[we were going to watch it at 8am Sun with a Son in Law who was then going to golf.]
    She rang them, only to be assured all would be well,well we couldn't record it and neither could we watch it they took her money but we saw no fight.
    Managed to see a stream that did not differentiate rounds and the commentary was in Russian. From that somewhat garbled view Wilder looked to be winning clearly,obviously the news reports indicate this was not the case.
    So no, I'm not happy with BT at all and will never give them my custom again ,God knows they had enough time to get it right, it was amateur night as far as I'm concerned.

5. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    BT was great imo. The slo mo replays where beautiful,no glitches or anything. Really enjoyed it and was a great fight.

Sonny1 and Northadox like this.
  6. Potwash

Dec 13, 2017
    You've never been able to record ppv. I remember even back in the day trying to record it on vhs and it still wouldn't let me lol...they showing repeats to Friday and it played at 9am on Sunday so don't know what you moaning for.

7. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Sky is the same with recording mate. However, BT shouldn't have told you it'd be fine.

8. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    The slo mo replays are Showtimes doing. BT were using Showtimes feed.

Potwash likes this.
  9. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    it's so much better watching a fight without froch droning on about nothing and that middle-aged twink rambling about the manchester bombing. If malignaggi wasn't with them it'd be complete rubbish.

Sonny1 likes this.
  10. Potwash

Dec 13, 2017
    Cheers bro i never knew that.

11. Crixus139

Crixus139 Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Production was better than expected. No complaints.

Sonny1 likes this.
  12. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    For BT's first major PPV, I was very impressed with the coverage. I think Dempsey is excellent, asks tough questions and doesn't sugar coat anything. Richie Woodhall is hit and miss for me but still light years ahead of the sky bunch. Rawling and Jones are OK on comms, a bit biased but not total cheer leaders like sky.

Sonny1 likes this.
  13. Secret Service US

Secret Service US New Member banned Full Member

Nov 10, 2018
    Not trying to be rude or anything. But i’ve read articles where it’s been reported Women run the Boxing production teams at Sky now. And have done since Joshua-Klitschko

The vast majority of other foreign Boxing broadcasters have slick production and are not run by Women.

14. Deels

Deels Member Full Member

May 26, 2012
    You can’t pre record but can record once the event has started. I waited for it start then hit record, then went to bed and watched it the next morning

15. BluenoseBxingFan

BluenoseBxingFan Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Was going to mention Costello.

Sky should be waving whatever money they have at him. Costello as lead play-by-play and a better colour commentator would vastly improve Sky's output.