Buatsi vs Summers and Brook vs Cook are OFF

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, Jul 14, 2018.

1. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    This is the first one I think could do really bad numbers. I don’t think Whyte draws. Any floating fans that are likely to buy this will have typically bought Joshua-Parker, so I don’t think they’ll be rushing back to see Jospeh. Takam v Chisora, really won’t add any buys. The rest of the card, well who cares really.

Hearn will get through it of course and it might help us get a better card next time. But that’s about it

2. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Unfortunately there’s been many that have deserved to bomb and they just never do. As long as Hearn has the monopoly on Sky none of his PPVs will ever bomb. As soon as Sky Sports News ramp up the publicity on fight week and Twitter post the fight week schedule of public work outs etc then it will always be lapped up by the casuals.

Shame because it ruins it for proper boxing fans who shouldn’t have to pay for the likes of this. Good fight though it is.

tdf1974 likes this.
  3. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Dillian Whyte is never a PPV fighter. Why would anyone pay money to watch this card.

Jurgen likes this.
  4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    velagod and N17 like this.
  5. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    The days of small hall shows and real fights with the fighters fighting are long gone.

All this BS about super fights etc etc is exactly that BS, just hand over your money or it doesn't happen ...
    I couldn't care less if big fights are not made, and refuse to be hijacked into paying for it, because they are not fighting men, they are not even fighters.

Revenue collectors dressed up as fighters extracting money out of the less informed.

N17 likes this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    velagod likes this.
  7. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004

Agree with this entirely. I said in the post above it could bomb, but it will still do 200,000 do to 24/7 adverts, 5-10 minutes on loop on Sky Sports News etc. Tough for fans

Here's Johnny likes this.
  8. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    It's not going to bomb. Sky barely promoted Haye-Bellew 2 or Brook-Spence and both made 4M and 7M Respectively in PPV Revenue. Whyte's and Parker minimum purse's are minimum 1M. It only needs 200K Buys, when you include New Zealand PPV, Ticket Sales- it will do well in financial terms.

The consequence of that is you will get more of these. PPV has lost it's sparkle, it's too common nowadays. Even Joshua is becoming a bit stale, his last two fights were Great Events but not Great FIGHTS, which good o'l Barry and Eddie Hearn always look past

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Joshua's last 2 fights were awful for boxing fans and viewers

10. Tigers Only

Tigers Only Member banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2018
    That comedy act joke bum Amere Con, will use this to add to his 58 other excuses not to face Kell Brook, '' I would have faced him but he's injured'

11. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    With the Only Fools and Horses music playing in the background

N17 likes this.
  12. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    This will do badly. Hearn is suddenly going to know what it feels like to be Mick Hennessy.

13. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    :risas3:

Lovely Jubbly

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    So now Cook has publicly confirmed that the fight is off yet still we have nothing from Eddie Hearn about this.

Why? It’s a blatant ploy to con the fans.

@Puroresu_Fan you are always quick to slate Frank Warren when something goes wrong with his shows. I’ve never seen you criticise Hearn. What’s your opinion here?

15. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I’m looking forward to seeing @Puroresu_Fan responce too..

I think it’s safe to assume that Eddie is working hard in the background to try to replace the fights adequately, but he needs to speak up quickly