Build up between Usyk and Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BrainyBoxer, Oct 10, 2021.

1. BrainyBoxer

BrainyBoxer Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2016
    If they were to fight, how do you think the build up would go? Fury's advantage is that he can pretty much out talk anyone and usually has the mental edge like he did with Wilder. I also think he would mentally mess with Joshua but I can't see that happening with Usyk. I think Usyk would endear himself to a lot of the public and the guy is pretty hilarious and seems unfazed. Would be interesting to see Fury's approach.

2. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Usyk doesn't speak English so Fury's games are useless.

3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Yeh wouldn't work really.

4. Rivertripe

Rivertripe New Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Even if Usyk spoke good enough English to engage properly, I can't see him getting his feathers ruffled by Fury. He's the boxing equivalent of a warrior monk. If anything his calm intensity might get under Tyson's skin when the mind games fail. He is feel. He is very feel. He is hungry

vast, Jackman65, FastSmith7 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    A battle between the two most unique heavys I can remember. Usyk is a zen master and Fury seems to have a mentality perfect for the fight game maybe not life in general but perfect for fighting.

Jackman65 likes this.
  6. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I don't think there's anything that Fury could say that would ruffle Usyk's feathers TBH.

As good as Fury is at the mind games, Usyk's as cool as they come. He'd be wasting his time.

Plus I honestly think that Fury wouldn't go full metal jacket with Usyk like he did with Wilder.

Unlike wilder I reckon Fury's got some respect for Usyk.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  7. boxfap

boxfap MasterGardianElite Full Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Usyk speaks, or certainly understands, English a lot better than he pretends not too. Watch his facial and body expressions when people are speaking English to him. He even sometimes replies to his translator before his translator tells him what was said

Rivertripe likes this.
  8. Rivertripe

Rivertripe New Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Yeah, I see Fury taking a more relaxed playful approach to an Usyk buildup. This is a man who makes a living off of calling 6'3 guys short, so I'm sure he'd throw in a few taunts about size and strength, but it definitely wouldnt get as aggressive as the Wilder (or even Wlad) buildups.

Col Mortimer likes this.
  9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I agree Fury wouldn't bother I can see him and Usyk being friendly and joking with each other in the build up. Also there is nothing to really insult Usyk about in terms of his career but with Wilder, AJ even Klitchko Fury has verbal ammo.

Col Mortimer likes this.
  10. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010

It would be a refreshing change I think.

I can just picture them both in pantomime mode at the pressers. Lots of one liners and facials, and very possibly Usyk getting the better laughs .

Obviously on fight night it's defo all business though. And come the end there'll be no refusal to shake hands and show genuine respect. Chalk and cheese compared to the wilder fight.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  11. MarvelousMarvinGolovkin

MarvelousMarvinGolovkin Kownackis belly button lint Full Member

Nov 13, 2020
    I think Fury would try some off the wall insane **** like he did with Wlad or just sit there calmly
    You never know with Fury