Callum Johnson: The Chilling One-Light Heavyweight Lincolnshire Destroyer-The Superior Callum.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 30, 2018.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Callum Johnson born 08/20/1985 is a 6'0 Light Heavyweight with a 17-0 12 KO's record. Born in and fighting out of Boston, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom. Callum is a supremely talented fighter, who's career has frustrated the hell out of many of his fans, including myself, I've been meaning to do a thread on him since 2014, but here I am in 2018, just now getting around to it. Its due the inconsistent stop start nature of it, he's had to deal with injuries, switching managers, he started with Naz, switching promoters from Warren to Hearn, and the recent sudden death of his father Paul with whom he was incredibly close, his dad played an integral role in his career, his career in one way or another has been stalled for the last 8 years. Mercifully, fingers crossed, his career may finally be taking flight. Callum who was the winner of the Gold Medal in the Commonwealth Games back in 2010 representing Scotland, is an absolute beast in the ring, and a incredibly skilled one at that. he's a come forward destroyer, who intelligently works behind his stiff persistent jab, and whips hard punishing hooks to the body and head of his opponents with malicious intent, he also controls range quite well, has decent head movement and defense, and knows how to tie up and spoil the rhythm of peskier more awkward fighters. His power is jolting and disconnects guys from their senses, and he can hurt you on the front foot or via counters.

His first step up was against Wilbeforce Shihepo, not only did he beat the man who held a win over Isaac Chilemba and went the distance with Arthur Abraham, he laid his ass out, he needed oxygen after the vicious KO, after that win things were looking up, but sadly his got injured and had to put off his match against Frank Buglioni, well Frank lucked out, he got a stay of execution for about 6 months, because in March of 2018 when Callum was ready for his close up, he delivered big time, by brutalizing poor pretty boy Frank in a round, stopping him via TKO. Callum Johnson IMO has always been the better of the two Callum's in the UK, the other being the Smith one, he's a beast who deserves far more attention than he's receive thus far, who I think is not only capable of wiping out all the domestic level Light Heavyweights, he'd ravage that pretender hypejob Yarde and the chinny Burton, but is capable of mixing it with the best Light Heavyweights in the world. Check Out The Bostonian Bruiser In Action.:ggg:ggg:ggg:ggg

Educate Yourselves
    Johnson vs. Buglioni
    This content is protected

Johnson vs. Shihepo

Johnson vs. Grafka

Johnson vs. Kakstys

Johnson vs. Obeslo

Johnson vs. Tolan
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLbwTBO0YWc

2. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    He isn't the superior Callum, Callum Smith will beat him and Buglioni at the same time.

Scissors likes this.
  3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Who you gonna call?! Call'm Johnson!

CST80 likes this.
  4. uppercut_to_the_body

uppercut_to_the_body Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Johson sparks Smith in the first round.

George Crowcroft and CST80 like this.
  5. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    You do realize Johnson is a division north of Smith right? Mundo's power seems average at best at Super Middleweight, Smith won't make it out of SMW unscathed, much less at LHW, like @uppercut_to_the_body said, Johnson via KO1.:deal:

6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    For the record, his nickname is "The One" and Prince Naseem referred to his in ring performance in his first match as "chilling", so voila!:)

Serge likes this.
  7. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Also, Smith is a LHW boiled down to be a SMW. All his physical dimensions SCREAM light heavyweight, so he's a weight and size bully too. How would he cope at 175 without that advantage, with his run-of-the-mill SMW power rendered even more questionable against bigger guys?

Smith is one of the UK's biggest hype jobs and been protected for years: 24 fights and six years a professional, aged 28 and only now is he facing a genuine world level talent in a world title fight, despite the Matchroom hype train building him up from fight one. Oh yeah and he's trained by Joe 'one-dimensional' Gallagher.

I hope he moves up into his CORRECT weight class and fight men the same size, although I doubt Hearn will sanction that directly after his loss to Groves.

You're bang on the money re: Callum class... and the champion is Johnson...

8. CST80

Nov 23, 2013

9. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    I forgot he was a Gallagher fighter too, jeez. Bet Joe's game plan was to box the first six with a high guard and take over in the 2nd half of the fight. Callum said: 'I'll see you in a couple of minutes.'

CST80 likes this.
  10. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    :fufu

Robney, CST80 and Serge like this.
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Johnson 2.0 would wreck Smith, Yarde, Buglioni and every other British LHW, sans Buatsi who is still only a bambino in professional terms, at the same time.

uppercut_to_the_body and CST80 like this.
  12. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Buglioni rocked this bloke to his boots and your telling me Smith doesn't hit harder than Buglioni

Smith is miles bigger than both of these guys? Smith kills himself to make 168, he will be even better at 175.

Buglioni was fighting at 168 not long ago any way and he is a lot bigger than Johnson. Johnson looks like a bloated middleweight if you ask me.

Scissors likes this.
  13. james5000

Apr 11, 2010
    Holzken and Skoglund might not be the prettiest wins but I think they are both underrated fighters.

Still think Callum will chin Groves too and I hope he moves up after. I feel sorry for his insides cutting that huge weight.

Scissors likes this.
  14. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :dunno Are seeing things James? Or do you think the guy with black hair is Callum Johnson? Because the only guy in that match getting rocked to his boots was Frank Buglioni you nincompoop.

Sephiroth Rising 7 and Serge like this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Buglioni caught Johnson with 3 or 4 flush big right hands and Johnson ate them up no problem and fired right back with meaty bombs of his own like a boss.

uppercut_to_the_body and CST80 like this.